- 英語化学名:Propylene glycol
- Mol File:57-55-6.mol
- 融点 -60 °C
- 沸点 187 °C(lit.)
- 比重(密度) 1.036 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
- 蒸気密度2.62 (vs air)
- 蒸気圧0.08 mm Hg ( 20 °C)
- FEMA 2940 | PROPYLENE GLYCOL
- 屈折率 n
- 闪点 225 °F
- 貯蔵温度 Store at RT.
- 外見 Viscous Liquid
- 色APHA: ≤10
- 比重1.038 (20/20℃)1.036～1.040
- PH6-8 (100g/l, H2O, 20℃)
- 爆発限界(explosive limit)2.4-17.4%(V)
- 水溶解度 miscible
- Sensitive Hygroscopic
- JECFA Number925
- Merck 14,7855
- BRN 1340498
- CAS データベース57-55-6(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NISTの化学物質情報Propylene glycol(57-55-6)
- EPAの化学物質情報Propylene glycol (57-55-6)
- 溶解性水, アルコール, エーテルに可溶。水及びエタノールに極めて溶けやすい。
- 効能湿潤剤, 溶解剤, 懸濁剤
- 商品名プロピレングリコール (丸石製薬); プロピレングリコール (日興製薬); プロピレングリコール (日興製薬)
- 説明Propylene glycol is used as antifreeze in breweries and diaries, in the manufacture of resins, as a solvent, and as an emulsifier in food. It was present as an occupational sensitizer in the color-film developer Flexicolor.
- 化学的特性Propylene glycol has a slight, characteristic taste. It is practically odorless. It absorbs moisture when exposed to moist air.
- 化学的特性Propylene glycol is a colorless, odorless, syrupy liquid.
- 天然物の起源Reported found in several varieties of mushrooms, roasted sesame seed, oat groats, parmesan cheese, cocoa, pecans and truffle.
- 使用Propylene Glycol is a humectant and flavor solvent that is a polyhy- dric alcohol (polyol). it is a clear, viscous liquid with complete solu- bility in water at 20°c and good oil solvency. it functions as a humectant, as do glycerol and sorbitol, in maintaining the desired moisture content and texture in foods such as shredded coconut and icings. it functions as a solvent for flavors and colors that are insoluble in water. it is also used in beverages and candy.
- 使用Used as a solvent.
- 使用Next to water, propylene glycol is the most common moisturecarrying vehicle used in cosmetic formulations. It has better skin permeation than glycerin, and it also gives a pleasant feel with less greasiness than glycerin. Propylene glycol is used as a humectant because it absorbs water from the air. It also serves as a solvent for anti-oxidants and preservatives. In addition, it has preservative properties against bacteria and fungi when used in concentrations of 16 percent or higher. There is a concern that propylene glycol is an irritant at high concentrations, though it appears to be quite safe at usage levels under 5 percent.
- 定義An alcohol in which the hydroxyl groups are attached to a carbon atom of a branched or straight-chain aliphatic hydrocarbon.
- 調製方法Propylene glycol generally is synthesized commercially by starting with propylene, converting to the chlorohydrin, and hydrolyzing to propylene oxide, which is then hydrolyzed to propylene glycol. It can also be prepared by other methods.
- 適応症Propylene glycol solution (40% to 60%, v/vCH2CH[OH]CH2OH, propylene glycol) applied to the skin under plastic occlusion hydrates the skin and causes desquamation of scales. Propylene glycol, isotonic in 2% concentration, is a widely used vehicle in dermatologic preparations. Hydroalcoholic gels containing propylene glycol or other substances augment the keratolytic action of salicylic acid. Keralyt gel consists of 6% salicylic acid, 19.4% alcohol, hydroxypropylcellulose, propylene glycol, and water and is an extremely effective keratolytic agent. Overnight occlusion is used nightly until improvement is evident, at which time the frequency of therapy can be decreased to every third night or once weekly. This therapy is well tolerated, is usually nonirritating, and has been most successful in patients with X-linked ichthyosis vulgaris. Burning and stinging may occur when applied to damaged skin. Patients with other abnormalities of keratinization with hyperkeratosis, scaling, and dryness may also benefit.
- 製造方法Manufactured by treating propylene with chlorinated water to form the chlorohydrin, which is converted to the glycol by treatment with sodium carbonate solution. It is also prepared by heating glycerol with sodium hydroxide.
- brand nameSentry Propylene Glycol (Union Carbide); Sirlene (Dow Chemical).
- Aroma threshold valuesDetection: 340 ppm
- 一般的な説明Thick odorless colorless liquid. Mixes with water.
- 空気と水の反応Water soluble.
- 反応プロフィール1,2-Propanediol is hygroscopic. 1,2-Propanediol is sensitive to excessive heat (tends to oxidize at high temperatures). 1,2-Propanediol can react with oxidizing materials. 1,2-Propanediol is incompatible with acid chlorides, acid anhydrides, chloroformates, and reducing agents. 1,2-Propanediol dissolves many essential oils. A mixture of 1,2-Propanediol with hydrofluoric acid and silver nitrate was put in a glass bottle which burst 30 minutes later.
- 健康ハザードLiquid may irritate eyes.
- 火災危険1,2-Propanediol is combustible.
- 接触アレルゲンPropylene glycol is used as a solvent, a vehicle for topical medicaments such as corticosteroids or aciclovir, an emulsifier and humectant in food and cosmetics, and as antifreeze in breweries, in the manufactures of resins. It was present as an occupational sensitizer in the color film developer Flexicolor?. Patch tests in aqua are sometimes irritant.
- 安全性プロファイルSlightly toxic by ingestion, skin contact, intraperitoneal, intravenous, subcutaneous, and intramuscular routes. Human systemic effects by ingestion: general anesthesia, convulsions, changes in surface EEG. Experimental teratogenic and reproductive effects. An eye and human skin irritant. Mutation data reported. Combustible liquid when exposed to heat or flame; can react with oxidizing materials. Explosive in the form of vapor when exposed to heat or flame. May react with hydrofluoric acid + nitric acid + silver nitrate to form the explosive silver fulminate. To fight fire, use alcohol foam. When heated to decomposition it emits acrid smoke and irritating fumes.
- 職業ばく露Propylene glycol is used as a solvent; emulsifying agent; food and feed additive; flavor, in manu- facture of plastics; as a plasticizer, surface-active agent; antifreeze, solvent, disinfectant, hydroscopic agent; coolant in refrigeration systems; pharmaceutical, brake fluid; and many others.
- CarcinogenicityDewhurst et al. and
Baldwin et al. in studies on the carcinogenicity of
other chemicals used propylene glycol as the solvent. As a
result they tested propylene glycol alone for carcinogenic
activity in rats and mice. Dewhurst et al. used a single
injection of 0.2 mL, whereas Baldwin et al. gave rats
and mice three to five subcutaneous injections, amount not
specified. In neither case were tumors observed during a
period of about a year or 2 years .
Wallenious and Lecholm applied propylene glycol to the skin of rats three times a week for 14 months but found no tumor formation. Stenback and Shubik confirmed these findings when they applied propylene glycol at undiluted strength and as a 50 and 10% solution in acetone to the skin of mice during their lifetimes.
No tumors have been reported in the lifetime dietary feeding studies . In fact, Gaunt et al. specifically state that no tumors were found in the rats.
- 純化方法Dry the diol with Na2SO4, decant and distil it under reduced pressure. [Beilstein 1 IV 2468.]
- 不和合性Incompatible with oxidizers (chlorates, nitrates, peroxides, permanganates, perchlorates, chlorine, bromine, fluorine, etc.); contact may cause fires or explo- sions. Keep away from alkaline materials, strong acids (especially nitric acid), strong bases, permanganates, dichromates; may cause a violent reaction.
- 廃棄物の処理Dissolve or mix the material with a combustible solvent and burn in a chemical incinerator equipped with an afterburner and scrubber.All federal, state, and local environmental regulations must be observed.
- 名前：Jinan Trands Chemical Co. LTD Gold
- 電話番号：18888332244 0531-88770911-
- 名前：Shanghai Aladdin Bio-Chem Technology Co.,LTD Gold
- 電話番号：400-620-6333 021-20337333-801
- 名前：Nanjing chemical reagent co. LTD Gold
- 名前：Secco work (Beijing) chemical technology co., LTD Gold
- 名前：Nantong Runfeng Petrochemical Co., Ltd Gold