Lithopone Chemical Properties
- Language:EnglishProvider:Pigment White 5
Lithopone Usage And Synthesis
- UsesIn water and oil paints to provide thixotropy, improve gloss and flow.
- UsesLithopone is mainly used in coating materials with relatively high pigment concentrations. Examples are primers, plastic masses, putties and fillers, artists’ colors, and emulsion paints. An important property of lithopone is its low binder requirement, giving paint products with good flow and application properties. It is suitable for almost all binder media, and has good wetting and dispersing properties. With optimum feed composition, good dispersion can be achieved simply by the action of a dissolver. It can be economically advantageous to use lithopone in combination with TiO2 pigments; the good hiding power of the TiO2 pigments is combined with the economic and technical advantages of lithopone. Due to the strong shift of the absorption band towards the blue, lithopone is especially useful as a white pigment for UV-cured paint systems. Zinc compounds have fungicidal and algicidal effects, and inclusion of lithopone or Sachtolith in paint formulations for exterior use therefore helps prevent the growth of algae or fungi.
The material advantages of lithopone are used in plastics (e.g., good lightfastness and clear bluish-white shade). The product also imparts very good extruding properties to the plastic resulting in high throughput rates and economic extruder operation. In fire-resistant systems, ca. 50% of the flame retardant antimony trioxide can be replaced by nontoxic lithopone without any adverse effect.
- UsesLithopone is a mixed zinc sulfide-barium sulfate pigment available in two types; one containing 30 percent zinc sulfide and one containing 60 percent zinc sulfide. Coprecipitation is achieved by reacting an aqueous solution of zinc sulfate with barium sulfide. The barium sulfide solution is prepared by reducing barite ore (BaSO4) with carbon.
Lithopone Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Raw materialsHydrochloric acidSulfuric acid Potassium permanganateZINCZinc oxide Barium sulfateZinc sulphateCalcium hypochloriteBARIUM SULFIDEGuaifenesinZINC SULFIDEZinc hypoxideDye-fixing agent
- Preparation ProductsPAINTAlkyd resin paintVarious color alkyd ready mixed paintInterior and exterior wall coatingAcrylic latex paint for interior walllatex paint
- Carbon Black Pentaerythritol Acetic acid PIGMENT BLACK Sodium sulfate 5-Chlorovaleric acid Magnesium sulfate heptahydrate sulfate PIGMENT WHITE ETHYLENEDIAMINE TETRAKIS(PROPOXYLATE-BLOCK-ETHOXYLATE) TETROL 4-(Diethylamino)salicylaldehyde Barium sulfate Pralmorelin GOLD COAST SOLUTION NO 1 Pigment Geen 7 Diphenolic acid 15 PIGMENT BLUE 15 Aluminum sulfate
- Company Name:Shanghai T&W Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Tel:+86 21 61551611
- Company Name:HBCChem, Inc.
- Company Name:Hangzhou J&H Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Company Name:Hubei Jusheng Technology Co.,Ltd
- Tel:18871490274 027-59599241-
- Company Name:Chizhou Kailong Import and Export Trade Co., Ltd.
- Tel:Please Email