Basic information Broad-spectrum penicillin Chemical Properties Uses production method Category Toxicity grading Acute toxicity Flammability and hazard characteristics Storage Characteristics Extinguishing agent Safety Related Supplier
Ampicillin sodium Chemical Properties
- Melting point:215 °C (dec.)(lit.)
- alpha +246～+272°
- storage temp. 2-8°C
- solubility H2O: 50 mg/mL, clear, very faintly yellow
- form powder
- color white with slight yellow cast
- PHpH(100g/l, 25℃):8.0～10.0
- Water Solubility Freely soluble in water. Sparingly soluble in acetone
- BRN 4119211
- CAS DataBase Reference69-52-3(CAS DataBase Reference)
Ampicillin sodium Usage And Synthesis
- Broad-spectrum penicillinAmpicillin sodium is a broad-spectrum penicillin, its antibacterial spectrum is broader than penicillin , it has antibacterial activity on some gram-negative bacteria (such as Haemophilus influenzae, Escherichia coli, Proteus mirabilis) . Its effects on gram-positive cocci are similar to penicillin. Enzymatic hydrolysis of penicillin produced by bacteria may also make it inactive. It is clinically applicable in the treatment of respiratory infections, urinary tract infections, gastrointestinal tract infections, skin and soft tissue infections, meningitis, septicemia, endocarditis caused by sensitive bacteria. This product is a drug of choice for enterococcal infections.
The above information is edited by the chemicalbook of Tian Ye.
- Chemical PropertiesWhite or almost white powder or crystal. Soluble in water, slightly soluble in ethanol, insoluble in ether. Hygroscopic, when it is set at room temperature in an aqueous solution ,it gradually turns yellow,produces turbidity, decreases potency. Odorless, slightly bitter taste.
- UsesA semi-synthetic broad-spectrum penicillin,it is mainly used for treatment of penicillin-sensitive gram-positive bacteria, Escherichia coli, Proteus, Salmonella, Shigella and other.
- production methodIt is derived from the ampicillin salifying : Ampicillin is suspended in water, adjust to pH 9 with sodium hydroxide solution, dissolve and filter . The filtrate is added active carbon, and is filtered and the filtrate is dried at a low temperature, to obtain the product.
- CategoryToxic substances
- Toxicity gradingLow toxic
- Acute toxicityOral-rat LD50:> 5314 mg/kg; Oral-Mouse LD50:> 5314 mg/kg.
- Flammability and hazard characteristicsCombustion produces toxic sodium oxide, nitrogen oxide and sulfur oxide gases.
- Storage CharacteristicsVentilated, low-temperature ,dry storeroom.
- Extinguishing agentWater, dry powder, foam, sand.
- Chemical PropertiesWhite or almost white powder, hygroscopic.
- UsesPenicillin antibacterial.
- Usesdiuretic, anti-hypertensive
- brand namePolycillin-N (Bristol-Myers Squibb).
- Contact allergensAmpicillin caused contact dermatitis in a nurse also sensitized to amoxicillin (with tolerance to oral phenoxymethylpenicillin) and in a pharmaceutical factory worker. Systemic drug reactions are common. Crossreactivity is regular with ampicillin and can occur with other penicillins.
- Safety ProfileModerately toxic by intraperitoneal route. Human systemic effects by ingestion: hypermotility, diarrhea, and other gastrointestinal changes. Questionable carcinogen. When heated to decomposition it emits very toxic fumes of NOx, Na2O, and SOx.
Ampicillin sodium Preparation Products And Raw materials
- XLD Agar, Modified XLD Agar 20 plates (Standard 90 mm plates) PIPERACILLIN SODIUM IMP. A (EP) AS SODIUM SALT: AMPICILLIN SODIUM MM(CRM STANDARD) Ampicillin, Sodium Salt, Sterile, TC Grade Azlocillin sodium XLD Agar (Xylose Lysine Desoxycholate Agar) Ampicillin Sodium Sterile/oral PIPERACILLIN SODIUM IMP. A (EP) AS SODIUM SALT: AMPICILLIN SODIUM AMPICILLIN SODIUM IMP. K (EP): (2R)-2-[(2,2-DIMETHYLPROPANOYL)AMINO]-2-PHENYLACETIC ACID Ampicillin sodium /sulbactam sodium sterile 2:1 Ampicillin sodium and sulbactam sodium for injections XLD Agar, 100% vegetable peptones Ampicillin sodium/sullbactam sodium Ampicillin Cephalexin 8-CHLOROADENOSINE-3',5'-CYCLIC MONOPHOSPHOROTHIOATE, RP-ISOMER SODIUM SALT ACETAMINOPHENOL BP/USP Ampicillin
- Company Name:Hubei Yilai Biotechnology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Hubei Jusheng Technology Co.,Ltd Gold
- Tel:18871490274 027-59599241-
- Company Name:Hunan Hui Bai Shi Biotechnology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:13308475853 0731-85526065-
- Company Name:Hubei widely chemical technology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:18627774460 027-83991130-
- Company Name:Hefei Bomei Biotechnology Co., Ltd. Gold