ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > API > Antineoplastic agents > Tinib Antineoplastic drugs > Axitinib
Basic information FDA approved axitinib use of treating advanced kidney cancer Safety Related Supplier
Axitinib Chemical Properties
- Melting point:213-215°C
- Boiling point:668.9±55.0 °C(Predicted)
- Density 1.4
- storage temp. -20°C Freezer
- solubility DMSO: ≥8mg/mL
- form powder
- color white to tan
- CAS DataBase Reference319460-85-0(CAS DataBase Reference)
Axitinib Usage And Synthesis
- FDA approved axitinib use of treating advanced kidney cancerJanuary 27, 2012, the FDA approved axitinib for the treatment of advanced kidney cancer (renal cell carcinoma) which other drugs unanswer . Inlyta is manufactured and sold by Pfizer,and is a oral pill taken twice a day.
Renal cell carcinoma is a type of tumor originating from the tubular endothelial cells. Axitinib can prevent certain protein called kinases playing a role in tumor growth and metastasis .
Axitinib is a small molecule tyrosine kinase inhibitor, effective against multiple targets, including VEGF receptors 1, 2 and 3.
Dr. Richard Pazdur, hematology and oncology drugs office director of FDA Drug Evaluation and Research Centre, said: "This is the seven kind of drugs allowed treating metastatic or advanced renal cell carcinoma since 2005 . Overall, during this time ,record level of drug development has dramatically changed the treatment of metastatic renal cell carcinoma paradigm, and offers a variety of treatment options for patients. "
In recent years, the drug has been approved for the treatment of kidney cancer include sorafenib (2005), sunitinib (2006), temsirolimus(2007), everolimus (2009), bevacizumab(2009) and pazopanib(2009).
The above information is edited by the chemicalbook of Tian Ye.
- DescriptionIn January 2012, the US FDA approved axitinib (also referred to as AG-013736) for the treatment of advanced renal cell carcinoma (RCC) for patients who have not responded to prior therapy. Axitinib is a pan VEGF inhibitor and functions by binding to the intracellular tyrosine kinase catalytic domain of VEGF leading to blockade of signaling through this angiogenic pathway. Axitinib is50–400 times more potent for VEGF (enzyme Ki and cellular IC50s for VEGF 1, 2, and 3 are ～0.1 nM) than first-generation inhibitors like sorafenib and sunitinib. Axitinib also inhibits c-Kit and PDGFR(α/β) with enzyme Ki's of ～2 nM and was selective when tested against a broad panel of other protein kinases. Axitinib was discovered by a structure-based drug design approach and binds to the kinase domain of VEGF in a DFG-out conformation. Axitinib blocks VEGF-2 phosphorylation up to 7 h postdose in vivo and inhibits endothelial cell proliferation in xenograft tumors implanted in mice. Synthetic routes to axitinib employing a Migita coupling to form the diaryl sulfide and a Heck reaction to install the 2-styrylpyridine moiety have been reported.
- Chemical PropertiesOff-White Solid
- OriginatorPfizer (United States)
- UsesA tyrosine kinase inhibitor; used in cancer therapy.
- UsesAxitinib (AG-013736) is a multi-target inhibitor of VEGFR1, VEGFR2, VEGFR3, PDGFRβ and c-Kit with IC50 of 0.1 nM, 0.2 nM, 0.1-0.3 nM, 1.6 nM and 1.7 nM, respectively.
- UsesAxitinib is a multi-target inhibitor of VEGFR1, VEGFR2, VEGFR3, PDGFRβ and c-Kit with IC50 of 0.1 nM, 0.2 nM, 0.1-0.3 nM, 1.6 nM and 1.7 nM, respectively.
- UsesAxitinib is a tyrosine kinase inhibitor. Axitinib is used in cancer therapy.
- DefinitionChEBI: An indazole substituted at position 3 by a 2-(pyridin-2-yl)vinyl group and at position 6 by a 2-(N-methylaminocarboxy)phenylsulfanyl group. Used for the treatment of advanced renal cell carcinoma after failure of a first line systemic tr atment.
- brand nameInlyta
- Company Name:Shanghai Yudiao Chemistry Technology Co.,Ltd Gold
- Tel:18964703211 21-37285211-
- Company Name:Shanghai Scientia Pharmaceutical Technology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:13917723525 21-54301573-
- Company Name:Jinan XinKe Pharmaceutical Technology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Wuhan belka pharmaceutical co., LTD Gold
- Company Name:Hubei Junxian Biotechnology Co., Ltd Gold