DICHLOROBENZENE MIXTURE Chemical Properties
- EPA Substance Registry SystemDichlorobenzene (25321-22-6)
- Hazardous Substances Data25321-22-6(Hazardous Substances Data)
DICHLOROBENZENE MIXTURE Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesThere are three isomeric forms of dichlorobenzene (DCB): m-DCB is a flammable liquid and vapor.
- Potential ExposureThe major uses of o-DCB are as a process solvent in the manufacturing of toluene diisocyanate and as an intermediate in the synthesis of dyestuffs, herbicides, and degreasers. p-Dichlorbenzene is used primarily as a moth repellant, a mildew control agent; space deodorant; and in insecticides, which accounts for 90% of the total production of this isomer. Information is not available concerning the production and use of m-DCB. However, it may occur as a contaminant of o-or p-DCB formulations. Both o-and p-isomers are produced almost entirely as by-products during the production of monochlorobenzene
- Shippingm-DCB: UN2810 Toxic liquids, organic, n.o.s., Hazard Class: 6.1; Labels: 6.1-Poisonous materials, Technical Name Required. United States DOT Regulated Marine Pollutant. UN3077 Environmentally hazardous substances, solis, n.o.s., Hazard class: 9; Labels: 9-Miscellaneous hazardous material, Technical NameRequired. UN3082 Environmentally hazardous substances, liquid, n.o.s., Hazard class: 9; Labels: 9-Miscellaneous hazardous material, Technical Name Required
- IncompatibilitiesFor o-DCB and m-DCB: acid fumes, chlorides, strong oxidizers; hot aluminum, or aluminum alloys. For p-DCB: Strong oxidizers; although, incompatibilities for this chemical may also include other materials listed for o-DCB.
- Waste DisposalIncineration, preferably after mixing with another combustible fuel. Care must be exercised to assure complete combustion to prevent the formation of phosgene. An acid scrubber is necessary to remove the halo acids produced. Consult with environmental regulatory agencies for guidance on acceptable disposal practices. Generators of waste containing this contaminant (≥100 kg/mo) must conform with EPA regulations governing storage, transportation, treatment, and waste disposal
DICHLOROBENZENE MIXTURE Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Benzyl isocyanide SALCOMINE 1,1,3,3-TETRAMETHYLBUTYL ISOCYANIDE PHENYLSELENOL Tris(2,4-pentanedionato)chroMiuM(III) METHYL ISOCYANOACETATE Tosylmethyl isocyanide Cupric acetylacetonate DICHLORO(ETHYLENEDIAMINE)PLATINUM(II) Ferric acetylacetonate COBALT ETHYLENE DIAMINE CHLORIDE N-BUTYLISOCYANIDE TERT-BUTYL ISOCYANIDE Aluminum acetylacetonate TRIS(2,2,6,6-TETRAMETHYL-3,5-HEPTANEDIONATO)EUROPIUM(III) 2,4-PENTANEDIONE, SILVER DERIVATIVE COBALT(II) ACETYLACETONATE TRIS(2,2,6,6-TETRAMETHYL-3,5-HEPTANEDIONATO)DYSPROSIUM(III)
- Company Name:Alfa Chemistry