ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Inorganic chemistry > Oxides and peroxides > Metal oxide > VANADIUM(IV) OXIDE
VANADIUM(IV) OXIDE Chemical Properties
VANADIUM(IV) OXIDE Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionVanadium (IV) dioxide is a kind of inorganic compound with its chemical formula being VO2. It can undergo a phase transition at a normal temperature (~66 °C). Its electrical resistivity and opacity can also change several fold. These special properties make it have many applications. For example, it can be used in chemical sensors, energy-conserving coatings, transparent conductors and switching materials. It can also be used as a stationary optical shutter, optical modulators, cameras and data storage. Moreover, it can be applied to the missile guidance system due to its infrared modulation capability. It can also be used to make thin films which have been used in electro-optical switches, micro-optical switch, passive smart radiators and sunshields for spacecraft. It can also be used in phase change computing and memory.
- Chemical PropertiesBlue-black powder. Insoluble in water; soluble in alkalies and acids.
- Chemical PropertiesVanadium(IV) Oxide (vanadium dioxide, VO2) is a blue-black solid, having a distorted rutile (TiO2) structure. It can be prepared from the reaction of V2O5 at the melting point with sulfur or carbonaceous reductants such as sugar or oxalic acid. The dioxide slowly oxidizes in air. Vanadium dioxide dissolves in acids to give the stable (VO)2+ ions and in hot alkalies to yield vanadate(IV) species, eg, (HV2O5)?.
- HazardToxic and irritating.
- IRON NICKEL OXIDE Holmium Oxide Gallium(III) oxide Zirconium dioxide Nickel(II) oxide Erbium(III) oxide Diantimony trioxide COBALT(III) OXIDE BLACK Niobium oxide Cerium dioxide Samarium oxide Scandium oxide Dysprosium oxide Lanthanum oxide N,N'-Bis(salicylidene)-o-phenylenediamine Vanadium(IV) oxide Complex VANADIUM OXIDE,VANADIUM DIOXIDE,VANADIUM(IV) OXIDE VANADIUM IV OXIDE BIS(BENZOYLACETONATE) Iron vanadium oxide
- Company Name:Shanghai Buwei Applied Materials Technology Co. LTD Gold
- Tel:18930491979 021-64112762-
- Company Name:Guangzhou Nano Chemical Technology Co. , Ltd. Gold
- Tel:13378454871 020-82035132-
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:Alfa Aesar
- Sep 29，2019