ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > API > Antipyretic analgesics > Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDS) > Lornoxicam
Lornoxicam Chemical Properties
- Melting point:225-230°C (dec.)
- Density 1.742±0.06 g/cm3(Predicted)
- storage temp. -20°C Freezer
- solubility DMSO: >5mg/mL (warmed)
- pkapKa2 4.7(at 25℃)
- form powder
- color faint yellow to dark yellow
- Merck 14,5582
- CAS DataBase Reference70374-39-9(CAS DataBase Reference)
Lornoxicam Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionLornoxicam (Trade name: “Xefo”) belongs to a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug. As a kind of oxicam class drug, it has analgesic, anti-inflammatory and antipyretic properties. It can be used for the treatment of various type of acute mild to moderate pain which results from inflammatory diseases of the joints, osteoarthritis, surgery, sciatica and rheumatic diseases. Lornoxicam is capable of potently inhibiting the prostaglandin biosynthesis process, making it have highly pronounced efficacy. The exact mechanism of Lornoxicam is not exactly understood. However, it is indicated that Lornoxicam can inhibit the prostaglandin and thromboxane synthesis by inhibiting both COX-1 and COX-2, leading to reduction of inflammation, pain, fever, and swelling.
- DescriptionXefo, a member of the oxicam family of nonsteroidal antiinflammatory agents, was launched in Denmark for mild to moderate pain and inflammation. A seven step synthesis, beginning with 2,5-dichlorothiophene, provides access to this compound. It inhibits prostaglandin synthesis at the level of cyclooxygenase (Cox1 :Cox2 = 0.6) but does not inhibit 5-lipoxygenase. Xefo did not increase serum levels of pepsinogen I (an indicator of gastric mucosal status) and readily penetrates perivascular interstitial spaces including synovial fluid. It is as effective as morphine, meperidine and tramadol in relieving post operative pain and as efficient as other NSAlDs in relieving the symptoms of osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. It is 100 times more potent than Tenoxicam in inhibiting PGD2 and more active than indomethacin (6x) or piroxicam (10x) in preventing arachadonic acid influenced lethality in mice. Xefo has inhibitor effects on spinal nocicceptive processing presumably via release of endogenous opiods and evidence suggests it is good for migraine.
- Chemical PropertiesCrystalline Solid
- OriginatorNycomed Amersham (Norway)
- UsesCyclooxygenase inhibitor; structurally similar to tenoxicam. Anti-inflammatory; analgesic
- Useskeratolytic, antiacne, antineoplastic
- Usesocular vasoconstrictor
- UsesFor the treatment of acute mild to moderate pain, as well as pain and inflammation of the joints caused by certain types of rheumatic diseases.
- DefinitionChEBI: A thienothiazine-derived monocarboxylic acid amide obtained by formal condensation of the carboxy group of 6-chloro-4-hydroxy-2-methylthieno[2,3-e][1,2]thiazine-3-carboxylic acid 1,1-dioxide with the amino group of 2-aminopyridine. Used for th treatment of pain, primarily resulting from inflammatory diseases of the joints, osteoarthritis, surgery, sciatica and other inflammations.
- brand nameXefo
Lornoxicam Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Piroxicam Ampiroxicam Tenoxicam Meloxicam 5-HYDROXY LORNOXICAM AKOS 205-19 AKOS 205-06 Lornoxicam 4-Dimethylaminopyridine Basic Violet 1 4,5,6,7-Tetrahydrothieno[3,2-c]pyridine 2-Hydroxypyridine 3-Aminopyridine Methyl salicylate Difluorochloromethane CHLOROPHOSPHONAZO III Tribenuron methyl Kresoxim-methyl
- Company Name:Chongqing Landtower Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:Chembest Research Laboratories Limited
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390