ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > API > Anesthetic Agents > Local anesthetics > Procaine hydrochloride
Procaine hydrochloride Chemical Properties
- Melting point:155-156 °C(lit.)
- Boiling point:195-196°C 17mm
- Density 1.1761 (rough estimate)
- refractive index 1.5270 (estimate)
- Flash point:195-196°C/17mm
- storage temp. room temp
- solubility Solution S is clear (2.2.1) and colourless (2.2.2, Method II).
- form Crystals or Crystalline Powder
- color Colorless to white
- Water Solubility soluble
- Sensitive Air Sensitive
- Merck 14,7757
- BRN 3917802
- Stability:Stable. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents.
- CAS DataBase Reference51-05-8(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemProcaine hydrochloride (51-05-8)
Procaine hydrochloride Usage And Synthesis
- Local anestheticProcaine hydrochloride is a topical anesthetic, which can block the nerve fiber conduction temporarilyand has a narcotic effect,strong effect, low toxicity, and non-addictive, but on the skin, mucosal penetration is weak, unsuitable for surface anesthesia, patients are used for infiltration, conduction and spinal anesthesia.
White fine needle crystal or crystalline powder at room temperature, no smell, taste slightly bitter and Ma, soluble in water, soluble in ethanol, slightly soluble in chloroform, almost insoluble in ether. Procaine hydrochloride ester bond structure can be hydrolyzed to produce amino acid and diethylaminoethanol, under certain conditions, the amino acid may be further decarboxylated toxic aniline.
The structure of procaine hydrochloride with aromatic primary amino, easy oxidation discoloration pH, temperature, UV, oxygen and metal ions can accelerate the oxidation discoloration. The aqueous solution was stable in pH3.0~5. So preparation of procaine hydrochloride injection, it generally takes add acid to regulate pH 3.3 to 5.5, and strictly control the sterilization temperature and time. to 100 ℃ steam sterilization 30min circulation is appropriate, and should pay attention to shading, sealed save.
The product structure of aromatic primary amino group in dilute hydrochloric acid can generate diazonium salt with sodium nitrite, coupling reaction occurs when add alkaline β-naphthol, generating azo compounds scarlet.
The above information is edited by the chemicalbook of Kui Xiongfeng.
- Chemical PropertiesSmall, colorless crystals or white, crys- talline powder; odorless; stable in air. Soluble in water and in alcohol at 25C; slightly soluble in chloroform; almost insoluble in ether; solutions acid to litmus.
- UsesLocal anesthesic;Na+ channel blocker
- UsesProcaine is a local anesthetic of the amino ester group that is primarily used as a topical anesthetic. Procaine is also used to control the pain of intramuscular injection of penicillin as well as in dentistry.
- UsesNon Caine local anesthetic.
- UsesA sodium channel blocker and DNA methylation inhibitor
- UsesProcaine hydrochloride is a local anesthetic agent.
- brand nameNovocain (Hospira).
- HazardToxic by ingestion.
- Contact allergensProcaine is a local anesthetic with para-amino function. Sensitization mainly concerns the medical, dental, and veterinary professions.
- Safety ProfilePoison by ingestion, subcutaneous, intravenous, and intraperitoneal routes. Human systemic effects: acute renal fdure. May have human reproductive effects. See also ESTERS. When heated to decomposition it emits very toxic fumes of HCl and NO,. Used as a local anesthetic.
- Purification MethodsNovocain is recrystallised from aqueous EtOH. It is soluble at 25o in H2O (86.3%), EtOH (2.6%) and Me2CO (1%), it is slightly soluble in CHCl3, but is almost insoluble in Et2O. The anhydrous free base is recrystallised from ligroin or Et2O and has m 61o. [Einhorn Justus Liebigs Ann Chem 371 125 1909, IR: Szymanski & Panzica J Amer Pharm Assoc 47 443 1958, Beilstein 14 IV 1138.]
Procaine hydrochloride Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Lidocaine hydrochloride Lidocaine Chloroprocaine hydrochloride PROCAINE AMIDE HYDROCHLORIDE SDZ-205 557 HCL CHLOROPROCAINE Ambucaine Oxybuprocaine Otilonium bromide hydroxyprocaine PROCAINE HYDROCHLORIDE, [3,5-3H],PROCAINE HYDROCHLORIDE, [3,5-3H] Procaine hydrochloride PROCAINE,procaine,bas PROCAINE AMIDE HYDROCHLORIDE Ethylparaben Ethyl cyanoacetate Ethyl acrylate Trinexapac-ethyl
- Company Name:Alfa Aesar Gold
- Company Name:Wuhan Magic Biological Technology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Changzhou josenchem Pharmaceutical Chemical Material Co.,Ltd. Gold
- Tel:13338194135 519-85286950-
- Company Name:Guangzhou Shunyi Pharmaceutical Chemical Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Hubei Ovicks Trading Co. Ltd. Gold