Basic information Pharmacological Effects Side Effects Taboos Attentions Uses Pregnant Women and Nursing Mothers Drug Use Safety Related Supplier
Diosmin Chemical Properties
- Melting point:277-278°C
- Boiling point:926.8±65.0 °C(Predicted)
- Density 1.68±0.1 g/cm3(Predicted)
- storage temp. Sealed in dry,2-8°C
- solubility Practically insoluble in water, soluble in dimethyl sulfoxide, practically insoluble in alcohol. It dissolves in dilute solutions of alkali hydroxides.
- form neat
- Water Solubility Soluble in DMSO (50 mg/ml), water (122 mg/ml at 25°C), and ethanol (<1 mg/ml at 25°C).
- Merck 14,3297
- CAS DataBase Reference520-27-4(CAS DataBase Reference)
Diosmin Usage And Synthesis
- Pharmacological EffectsDiosmin is also called Alvenor. It is a kind of drug for the treatment of hemorrhoid symptoms related to acute episodes, can also be used in the treatment of symptoms associated with venous lymphatic insufficiency (leg heavy, pain, morning acid swells discomfort).
The effects of diosmin are as below:
1, Has specific affinity to the venous system, enhance the tension system without affecting the artery of vein;
2, To the microcirculation system, decrease the blood viscosity, improve the velocity of reducing silt up;
3, Contract the lymphatic system, which can enhance lymphatic and lymph drainage speed, speed up the return relieve edema.
4, Commercially available diosmin uses micronization technology, increase the contact area after using medicine, absorb more and higher bioavailability. Suitable for all kinds of hemorrhoids and acute hemorrhoids, also can be used for the treatment of chronic venous insufficiency, such as varicose veins, leg ulcers, etc.
This information is edited by ChemicalBook Xiao Nan.
- Side Effects1, May appear nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, dyspepsia, diarrhea, insomnia, dizziness, headache, drowsiness, anxiety and other adverse reactions.
2, There may be a few of minor gastrointestinal reactions and adverse reactions such as plant nerve function disorder, but generally mild and don't have to stop the drug.
3, Pregnant women and nursing mothers with hemorrhoids are safe to use this product.
- TaboosPeople who allergy to any ingredients in this product are prohibited.
- AttentionsHemorrhoid acute episodes: treatment with this drug can't replace any other special treatments needed for handling anus diseases. This treatment must be short. If symptoms cannot eliminate quickly, anorectal epidemiology check and review should be needed.
This product contains flavonoids which is the effective composition of glycosides in plants. Effective flavonoid content for each piece of diosmin is 450 mg, 50 mg of hesperidin, the total flavonoid glycosides composition (also called Daflon) is 500 mg. General flavonoids have certain biological activity, but low toxicity and rare allergic reactions, if any allergies, stop the drug.
- UsesUsed in food, medicine, health products, etc
1.Enhance the vein tension, even not exceptional under high temperature condition. It has a stronger effect causing the constriction of vein than other drugs such as rutin, still can enhance the tension of the vein when the body was acidosis. Diosmin has specific affinity for vein without affecting the arterial system.
2. Improve microcirculation. Diosmin can obviously reduce the white blood cells and vascular endothelial cell adhesion, migration, disintegrating the release of inflammatory substances, such as histamine, slow excitation peptide, complement, leukotriene, prostaglandins, and too many free radicals, reducing the permeability of capillaries and enhance its tension. Diosmin can lower blood viscosity, enhance the function of red blood cell velocity, thus reduce the microcirculation clogged.
3. Promote lymphatic circumfluence. Diosmin can increase the speed of lymphatic drainage.
- Pregnant Women and Nursing Mothers Drug UsePregnancy women use: animal experiments did not show any teratogenic effects. So far, still no harmful reports to human.
Delivery: there is no detailed research data.
Nursing mothers use: although there is no information on drug secreted with breast milk, but treatment is not recommended during breastfeeding.
- DescriptionDiosmin was separated from the root of Scrophularia nodosa L.玄参 in 1925. The root of Scrophularia nodosa L. 玄参has the function of nourishing, reducing fever, relieving internal heat, and detoxicating. It was firstly recorded in the Shen Nong’s Classic of Materia Medica, as a class of middle-grade drug and is currently recorded in the Ch.P 2015, Volume I. The natural resource was abundant in China, mainly provided from Zhejiang, Sichuan, Hubei, Anhui, and Jiangsu provinces. In the clinical practice, Scrophularia nodosa L.玄参 was employed to eliminate pathogenic heat from the blood. In the clinical indication, it was mainly applied to treat fever, polydipsia, maculitis, gingivitis, amygdalitis, laryngopharyngitis, acute lymphadenitis, etc. It also has the biological function of antiplatelet aggregation and antitumor. The chemical components include iridoids, phenylpropanoid glycoside, flavonoids, and fatty acids.
- Chemical PropertiesBrown powder
- Physical propertiesAppearance: Grayish yellow or light yellow hygroscopic powder. Solubility: Practically insoluble in water, soluble in dimethyl sulfoxide, practically insoluble in alcohol. It dissolves in dilute solutions of alkali hydroxides. Melting point: 277–278?°C.
- HistoryDiosmin was firstly introduced as a medicine in 1969. It was launched in France in
1987 with the product name “Alvenor.” As the protecting agent for blood vessel and
therapeutic agent for chronic venous disease, diosmin has been used for over
30?years in Europe
Diosmin is a typical flavonoid. It could be prepared from natural resources or semisynthesized from the natural product hesperidin by dehydrogenation reaction.
- Usesvascular protectant
- UsesNaturally occurring flavonic glycoside; rhamnoglycoside of Diosmetin. Capillary protectant
- DefinitionChEBI: A disaccharide derivative that consists of diosmetin substituted by a 6-O-(alpha-L-rhamnopyranosyl)-beta-D-glucopyranosyl moiety at position 7 via a glycosidic linkage.
- IndicationsThe clinical indications of diosmin are those symptoms related to venous-lymphatic dysfunction such as leg heaviness, pains, soreness, and swelling in the morning. Besides, the symptoms related to acute hemorrhoids could also be treated with diosmin.
- Manufacturing ProcessA mixture of 72 g hesperidin, 288 ml acetic anhydride and 300 ml glacial
acetic acid were boiled in reflux with 15 ml pyridine as the catalyst for 144
hours until during the control of the reaction the band disappeared at a wave
length between 264 to 280 nm, and a new maximum appeared at 330 nm.
Thereafter in a rotation evaporator the reaction mixture was concentrated by
evaporation under vacuum conditions.
The residue was absorbed in 1,200 ml ethyl acetate, admixed with 20 ml ethanol and boiled for one hour under reflux action. The solution was filtered and compressed to dryness. The residue was dried in a vacuum drying cabinet. The yield amounted to 107.5 g.
35.8 g thereof were then dissolved in 280 ml glacial acetic acid and
ominated with a solution of 6.05 g
omine in 30 ml glacial acetic acid. Thereafter the mixture compressed to dryness by means of the rotation evaporator, there being obtained a residue of 41.8 g. Such was dissolved in 150 ml methanol, admixed with a solution of 36 g sodium hydroxide in 180 ml water and stirred for one hour at 50°C.
The diosmin was precipitated out by adding 120 ml glacial acetic acid and stirring at 70°C for 30 minutes. The precipitate was filtrated in a suction filter or strainer, washed with methanol, water and again methanol and dried at 60°C in the drying cabinet. Raw yield: 17.0 g corresponding to 71% yield.
omine content 0.51%.
10 g of the thus-obtained diosmin was dissolved in a solution of 24 g sodium hydroxide in 120 ml water, admixed with 100 ml methanol and 100 ml pyridine and stirred for one hour at 50°C. The diosmin was precipitated by the addition of 100 ml glacial acetic acid and stirred for 30 minutes at 70°C, filtered and washed with methanol and water and again methanol.
After drying at 60°C there was obtained a pure yield of 9.2 g diosmin (65% based upon the employed hesperidin) having a
omine content of 0.07%.
- Therapeutic FunctionBioflavonoid
- PharmacologyDiosmin is a micronized, purified, flavonoid-structure drug. It is helpful for lymphatic return and stimulating microcirculation, treating hemorrhoids and venous
dysfunction by increasing the venous tension.
1. Increasing the venous tension. Diosmin could strengthen the tensile force of the venous wall even under high temperature. Diosmin’s action in venous constriction is stronger than other drugs like rutin. Even under the acidic toxicity in the body, it could still raise the venous tension. Diosmin has special affinity to the venous other than the arterial system.
2. Improving the microcirculation. Diosmin could effectively reduce adhesion and migration of leukocyte and vascular endothelial cells. It could also release inflammatory substances such as histamine, bradykinin, alexin, leukotriene, prostaglandin, and surplus free radicals. Hence, the penetration of capillary blood vessel was reduced, and the tension was enhanced. Besides, diosmin could decrease blood viscosity, accelerate erythrocyte flow rate, and finally reduce the chances of microcirculatory stasis
3. Stimulating the lymphatic return. Diosmin could effectively increase the speed of lymphatic drainage and the lymphatic contraction, accelerating the circumfluence of interstitial fluid, improving lymphatic return, and relieving edema.
- Clinical UseDiosmin was mainly used to treat diseases like chronic venous dysfunction, haemorrhoids, lymphedema, phlebeurysm, etc.
- 4'-METHOXYFLAVONE 4-(3-HYDROXYPROPOXY)BENZALDEHYDE 4-N-BUTOXYBENZALDEHYDE 4-ETHYLPHENETOLE MethylL-rhamnopyranoside 5-HYDROXY-7-METHOXYFLAVONE 5,4'-DIHYDROXYFLAVONE 2'-HYDROXY-4-METHOXYCHALCONE 1,2-Propanediol, 3-(m-methoxyphenoxy)- 4-N-PENTYLOXYBENZALDEHYDE 2',4',6'-Trihydroxyacetophenone monohydrate Paeonol 1,2-Propanediol, 3-(p-acetylphenoxy)- 5,3',4'-TRIHYDROXYFLAVONE 4-TETRAHYDROPYRANOXY-2-HYDROXYBENZALDEHYDE (Trifluoromethoxy)benzene 4-Methoxybenzylchloride 4-Methoxyphenylacetone
- Company Name:Shaanxi Huike Botanical Development Co., Ltd Gold
- Company Name:Taizhou Hoyoo Chemical Co.,Ltd Gold
- Tel:15057600339 0576-88666163-
- Company Name:Shenzhen Newcore Chemical Technology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Sichuan Benepure Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:13308041363 028-86798880-
- Company Name:Shanghai Boyle Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Tel:Mr Qiu:021-50182298(Demestic market) Miss Xu：021-50180596（Abroad market）