Zolpidem Chemical Properties
- Melting point:189-191°C
- Density 1.12±0.1 g/cm3(Predicted)
- Flash point:9℃
- storage temp. Store at RT
- solubility 45% (w/v) aq 2-hydroxypropyl-β-cyclodextrin: 0.3 mg/mL
- pka6.2(at 25℃)
- form solid
- color white
- Water Solubility <10mg/L(room temperature)
- CAS DataBase Reference82626-48-0(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry ReferenceZolpidem(82626-48-0)
Zolpidem Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionZolpidem hemitamwe is a non-benzodiazepine hypnotic with specific agonist activity at type 1 benzodiazepine receptors, and is indicated for use in insomnia and other sleep disorders. Structurally zolpidem belongs to a chemically distinct class, thus lacking the side-effects and abuse potential of classical benzodiazepines. It is currently being studied as a pre-operative sedative.
- Chemical PropertiesOff-White Solid
- OriginatorSynthelabo (France)
- UsesA selective benzodiazepine receptor agonist not related chemically to benzodiazepines
- UsesA selective non-benzodiazepine GABAA receptor agonist. Sedative, hypnotic. Controlled substance (depresssant).
- DefinitionChEBI: An imidazo[1,2-a]pyridine compound having a 4-tolyl group at the 2-position, an N,N-dimethylcarbamoylmethyl group at the 3-position and a methyl substituent at the 6-position.
- brand nameAmbien (Sanofi Aventis);Stilnox.
- General DescriptionZolpidem (Ambien, an imidazopyridine) andeszopiclone (Lunesta, a cyclopyrrolone) are nonbenzodiazepinesand have been introduced as short- and moderate-acting hypnotics, respectively. Zolpidem exhibits ahigh selectivity for the α1 subunit of benzodiazepinebindingsite on GABAA receptor complex, whereas eszopicloneis a “superagonist” at BzRs with the subunitcomposition α1β2γ2 and α1β2γ3. Zolpidem has a rapidonset of action of 1.6 hours and good bioavailability(72%), mainly because it is lipophilic and has no ionizablegroups at physiological pH. Food can prolong the time topeak concentration without affecting the half-life probablyfor the same reason. It has short elimination half-life, becauseits aryl methyl groups is extensively α-hydroxylatedto inactive metabolites by CYP3A4 followed by furtheroxidation by aldehyde dehydrogenase to the ionic carboxylicacid. The metabolites are inactive, short-lived, andeliminated in the urine. Its half-life in the elderly or the patientswith liver disease is increased. Therefore, dosingshould be modified in patients with hepatic insufficiencyand the elderly. Because it has longer elimination half-lifethan zaleplon, it may be preferred for sleep maintenance.It was the most commonly prescribed drug for insomniain 2001.
Zolpidem Preparation Products And Raw materials
- 2-(6-METHYL-2-P-TOLYL-IMIDAZO[1,2-A]PYRIDIN-3-YL)-ETHYLAMINE 2-(6-METHYL-2-PHENYL-IMIDAZO[1,2-A]PYRIDIN-3-YL)-ETHYLAMINE N,N-DIMETHYL-D6-ACETAMIDE 2-(2-P-TOLYL-IMIDAZO[1,2-A]PYRIDIN-3-YL)-ETHYLAMINE N,N-DIMETHYL-D6-FORMAMIDE Imidazo(1,2-a)pyridine-3-acetamide,2-methyl- 2-IMIDAZO[1,2-A]PYRIDIN-3-YLACETAMIDE 2-(2-PHENYL-IMIDAZO[1,2-A]PYRIDIN-3-YL)-ETHYLAMINE Imidazo[1,2-a]pyridine-3-ethanamine (9CI) AMBIEN Zolpidem N,N-Dimethylacetamide PHRIDINE ACETATE 4-Methylpyridine Pyridine 1-Methylimidazole 2,6-Lutidine ZOLPIDEM HEMITARTRATE,ZOLPIDEM TARTRATE,Zolpidem Tartrate Tablet,ZOLPIDEM TARTRATE EP C IV