Polycarbonate Chemical Properties
- Melting point:220~230℃
- Density 1.2 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
- refractive index n
- solubility chlorinated solvents: soluble
- form neat
- EPA Substance Registry SystemCarbonic acid, polymer with 4,4'-(1-methylethylidene)bis[phenol] (25037-45-0)
- WGK Germany 3
Polycarbonate Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesPolycarbonate is a polyester in which dihydric (or polyhydric) phenols are joined through carbonate linkages. The general-purpose type of polycarbonate is based on 2,2-bis(4'-hydroxybenzene)propane (bisphenol A) and has the general structure:
Polycarbonates are the toughest of all thermoplastics. They are window-clear, amazingly strong and rigid, autoclavable, and nontoxic. They have a brittleness temperature of 135℃.
- UsesPolycarbonates are plastics widely used in modern industry having good temperature and impact resistance. This plastic is particularly good to work with more conventional definition techniques (injection molding, extrusion into tubes or cylinders and thermoforming). It is also used when optical transparency is needed, having more than 80% transmission up to the 1560-nm range (short wave infrared range). It has moderated chemical resistance properties, being chemically resistant to diluted acids and alcohols. It is poorly resistant against ketones, halogens, and concentrated acids. The major disadvantage associated with polycarbonates is the low glass transition temperature (Tg> 40°C), but it is still largely used as low-cost material in microfluidic systems and also as a sacrificial layer.
- DefinitionA thermoplastic polymer consisting of polyesters of carbonic acid and dihydroxy compounds. They are tough and transparent, used for making soft-drink bottles and electrical connectors.
- PreparationTo a solution of 2,2-bis-(4- hydroxyphenyl)propane 909 (0.68 g, 3 mmol) in dichloromethane (10 mL) was added triethylamine (0.60 g, 6 mmol), followed by a solution of triphosgene (0.30 g,1 mmol) in dichloromethane (10 mL). The mixture was stirred for 8 h at room temperature, washed with water (3×) and with aq. sodium hydrogen carbonate solution (3×), and dried over sodium sulfate. The solvent was removed in vacuo and the resulting colorless powder was dried under high vacuum; yield 0.74 g.
Polycarbonate Preparation Products And Raw materials
- high density polyethlene PHENOL-FORMALDEHYDE RESIN 1500,1712,1808 SBR 1500,1712, 1808 RESIN NA ABS Resins NA Synthetic resin NYLON 12 Triethylene glycol dimethacrylate ETHYLENE Bisphenol A POLY[BISPHENOL A CARBONATE-CO-4,4'-(3,3,5-TRIMETHYLCYCLOHEXYLIDENE) DIPHENOLCARBONATE] POLY(BISPHENOL A CARBONATE) POLY(BISPHENOL-A CARBONATE)-POLY(DIMETHYLSILOXANE)) POLY(BISPHENOL A CARBONATE) POLY(BISPHENOL A CARBONATE-CO-(TRIMETHYL -CYCLOHEXYLIDENE)DIPHENOL CO3 MI 2-5 POLY(BISPHENOL A CARBONATE)
- Company Name:Liaocheng Wensen New Energy Technology co. LTD Gold
- Company Name:Jiangsu Aikon Biopharmaceutical R&D co.,Ltd.
- Tel:17798518460 025-66099280-
- Company Name:Hubei Jusheng Technology Co.,Ltd
- Tel:18871490274 027-59599241-
- Company Name:Sigma-Aldrich
- Tel:800-8193336 021-61415566-
- Company Name:Shanghai Orgchem Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:+86-21-5877 1921