ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > API > Synthetic Anti-infective Drugs > Quinolones > Pazufloxacin mesilate
Pazufloxacin mesilate Chemical Properties
- Melting point:>255°C (dec.)
- alpha D20 -64.2° (c = 1 in 1.0N NaOH)
- storage temp. -20°C Freezer
- CAS DataBase Reference163680-77-1(CAS DataBase Reference)
Pazufloxacin mesilate Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionThis fluoroquinolone was co-developed by Toyama and Mitsubishi Pharm and was launched for the intravenous therapy of respiratory, urinary, surgical, gynecological and systemic infections.
- Chemical PropertiesCrystalline Solid
- UsesA fluorinated quinolone antibiotic. Antibacterial.
- Chemical SynthesisPazufloxacin Mesilate is elegantly synthesized from commercially available 2,3,4,5-tetrafluorobenzoic acid
(168) by an 11-step process with an overall yield 48% .
Starting material 168 was first treated with ethyl bromide
and then with t-butyl cyanoacetate in the presence of
potassium carbonate in DMSO in one flask to give acylated
cyanoacetate 169. Intermediate 169 thus obtained without
purification was refluxed in toluene with p-TSA to yield 4-
cyanomethylbenzoate 170 in 90% yield from 168.
Cyclopropanation at the benzylic position of 170 was
performed by α,α-dialkylation with two equiv. of 1,2-
dibromoethane under phase-transfer conditions to give
cyanocyclopropyl compound 171. Cyano compound 171
was subjected to hydration with alkaline H2O2 to afford
carboxamide 172 in 81% yield from 170. Subsequently,
carboxamide 172 was treated with NaOCl for Hofmann
rearrangement to give primary amine 173, which was
protected as its N-acetyl derivative 174 for the next reaction.
Treatment of 174 with imidazole in the presence of thionyl
chloride and TEA generated an imidazolide intermediate,
which was converted to β-keto ester 175 by reacting with
potassium ethyl malonate and MgCl2. Enamine 176 was
obtained without purification by successive treatment of 175
with DMF-dimethylacetal and (S)-(+)-2-aminopropanol.
Crude 176 was heated in DMSO in the presence of
potassium carbonate to efficiently give tricycle product 177
in 80% yield from 174. Finally, the ethyl ester and acetamide in 177 were hydrolyzed under basic and acidic
conditions, respectively, to give the free amine. Pazufloxacin
mesilate (20) was obtained in 94% yield by treatment of its
corresponding free amine with methanesulfonic acid in
- Pazufloxacin mesilate 4-Aminopyridine PAZUFLOXACIN (PREPARATION FOR PAZUFLOXACIN MESILATE) 5-Amino-2-methylpyridine PAZUFLOXACIN Pefloxacin mesylate 3-Aminopyridine METSULFURON METHYL Bensulfuron methyl Fluorine Methyl Kresoxim-methyl Methyl salicylate Thiophanate-methyl Methyl bromide Methanesulfonic acid Phentolamine mesilate methanesulfonate
- Company Name:XiaoGan ShenYuan ChemPharm co,ltd Gold
- Tel:15527768850 0712-2580635-
- Company Name:Hubei widely chemical technology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:13419635609 027-59402396-
- Company Name:Shanghai Boyle Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Tel:Mr Qiu:021-50182298(Demestic market) Miss Xu：021-50180596（Abroad market）
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-