ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Chemical Reagents > Organic reagents > Olefin (cyclic and acyclic) > FULLERENE
FULLERENE Chemical Properties
- Melting point:>280 °C(lit.)
- Boiling point:500-600℃ subl.
- Density 5.568
- RTECS LS9252500
- Flash point:94 °C
- storage temp. Dark Room
- solubility organic solvents: soluble
- form sublimed
- color Dark brown to black
- Water Solubility Soluble in toluene. Insoluble in water.
- Merck 14,1462
- BRN 5901022
- Stability:Stable. Highly flammable. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents.
- EPA Substance Registry System[5,6]Fullerene-C60-Ih (99685-96-8)
FULLERENE Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionFullerenes are molecules that composed entirely of carbon. They are similar in structure to graphite, which is composed of a sheet of linked hexagonal and pentagonal rings that prevent the sheet from being planar. Each carbon atom on the surface of fullerenes is bonded to three carbon neighbors, therefore, is sp2 hybridized. Fullerenes are in the form of a hollow sphere, ellipsoid, tube, and many other shapes. Spherical fullerenes C60, the first fullerene molecule manufactured in 1985, is named as buckminsterfullerene, resembles the balls used in football. Cylindrical fullerenes are known as carbon nanotubes (CNTs). As the discovery of fullerenes came after buckminsterfullerene, the shortened name “fullerene” is used to refer to the family of fullerenes, of which each carbon atom is covalently bonded to three others.
The most specific feature of fullerenes is that they are excellent electron acceptors (n-type semiconductors), which are suitable for organic electronic materials with electron carriers. Fullerenes can be used to fabricate polymer/fullerene blend for organic photovoltaics, in which fullerene acts as the n-type semiconductor. Fullerenes are powerful antioxidants, which react readily and at a high rate with free radicals. These free radicals usually lead to cell damage or death. Therefore, fullerenes show great promise in health and personal care applications, in which the prevention of oxidative cell damage or death is desirable. Fullerenes are also used in non-physiological applications, where oxidation and radical processes are destructive (food spoilage, plastics deterioration, metal corrosion). Research interests on fullerenes include also the use of fullerenes to control the neurological damage of diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease and Lou Gehrig’s disease. Fullerenes are used as additives for polymers to create copolymers or composites with specific physical and mechanical properties. Fullerenes can be doped with rubidium and cesium to fabricate superconductors with electron carriers, of which the superconducting transitions occur at more than 30 K.
- UsesHigh purity carbon 60 fullerenes for use in thermal evaporation systems as either electron acceptors, n-type semiconductors or interface layers.
- References K. Tanigaki, T. W. Ebbesen, S. Saito, J. Mizuki, J. S. Tsai, Kubo & S. Kuroshima (1991) Superconductivity at 33 K in CsxRbyC60, Nature, 352, 222-223
 B. C. Yadav, Ritesh Kumar (2008) Structure, properties and applications of fullerenes, International Journal of Nanotechnology and Applications, 2, 15-24
- Chemical Propertiesblack to brown crystalline powder
- FULLERENE EXTRACT MIXED C60+C70 FULLERENE MIX (C<SUB>6</SUB><SUB>0</SUB>/C<SUB>7</SUB><SUB>0</SUB>) FULLERENE, BUCKYTUBE/NANOTUBE, SINGLE WALLED FULLERENE NANOTUBE,FULLERENE PRECURSOR,FULLERENE CARBON 70, 99.0% FULLERENE, NANOTUBE, MULTI-WALLED, AS-PRODUCED CATHODE DEPOSITS, CORE AND SHELL FULLERENE C<SUB>7</SUB><SUB>0</SUB> FULLERENE SOOT, AS PRODUCED FULLERENE CARBON 84, 99.0+ %, PURIFIED,FULLERENE CARBON 84, 95.0+ %, REAGENT,FULLERENE-C84 FULLERENE C76,FULLERENE C76, 95.0%,FULLERENE C76, 99.9%,FULLERENE C76, MIN. 98% FULLERENE CARBON SOOT,FULLERENE SOOT Fullerene C60 FULLERENE SOOT,FULLERENE CARBON SOOT,Fullerene carbon soot (contains 2-20% C60/C70 and,FULLERENE CARBON SOOT (CONTAINS 2-20% C60/C70 AND HIGHER FULLERENES) FULLERENE, NANOTUBE, MULTI-WALLED, 20-50 NM OD, 5-20 MICRON LONG AZIRIDINOó2',3':1,2]ó60]FULLERENE, FULLERENE, BUCKYTUBE/NANOTUBE, MULTI-WALLED, GROUND CORE, 3-24NM OD, 0.5-5 MICRON LONG, 60+% (BY AREA) FULLERENE POWDER, MIXED, 2-12% C<SUB>7</SUB><SUB>0</SUB> FULLERENE CARBON 78, 95.0%,FULLERENE C78 FULLERENE SOOT AS PRODUCED
- Company Name:Hubei XinghengKang Chemical Technology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:18162384755 027-88878869-
- Products Intro:Product Name:follene-60
- Company Name:Wuhan canos Technology Co., Ltd Gold
- Tel:15327105076 027-83238443
- Products Intro:Product Name:fuleixi
- Company Name:Shanghai Boyle Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Tel:Mr Qiu:021-50182298(Demestic market) Miss Xu：021-50180596（Abroad market）
- Products Intro:Product Name:FULLERENE
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Products Intro:Product Name:Fullerene C60, 99.5%
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Products Intro:Product Name:Fullerene C60
Purity:>99.0%(LC) Package:100Mg;1g Remarks:B1660