ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > API > Synthetic Anti-infective Drugs > Antifungal Drugs > cefsulodin sodium salt
cefsulodin sodium salt
Basic information Cephalosporins Category Toxicity grading Acute toxicity Flammability and hazard characteristics Storage Characteristics Extinguishing agent Safety Related Supplier
cefsulodin sodium salt Chemical Properties
- Melting point:175 C
- storage temp. Inert atmosphere,Store in freezer, under -20°C
- solubility H2O: 50 mg/mL, clear, light yellow
- form powder or crystals
- Water Solubility Soluble in water.
- Merck 13,1958
- EPA Substance Registry SystemPyridinium, 4-(aminocarbonyl)-1-[[(6R,7R)-2-carboxy-8-oxo-7-[[(2R)-phenylsulfoacetyl]amino]-5-thia-1-azabicyclo[4.2.0]oct-2-en-3-yl]methyl]-, inner salt, monosodium salt (52152-93-9)
cefsulodin sodium salt Usage And Synthesis
- CephalosporinsCefsulodine sodium is a cephalosporin antibiotic, its antimicrobial spectrum is narrow, because it has good permeability to the outer layer of the cell wall of Pseudomonas aeruginosa , and it has a high affinity on penicillin-binding protein LA, LB and Ⅲ and thus it has strong bactericidal inhibition effect on the formation of the cell wall peptidoglycan , it has a strong and specific bactericidal effect on P. aeruginosa , the MIC is 1.5μg/ml, and it has high stability on β-lactamase produced by itself . Its antimicrobial activity against Pseudomonas aeruginosa is stronger than cefoperazone, methyl benzyl amoxicillin (10 times), carbenicillin, piperacillin and hydroxyl ampicillin (16 to 32-fold) , and its antimicrobial activity against Pseudomonas aeruginosa is equal to aminoglycoside antibiotics such as gentamicin, dibekacin . And there is no cross-resistance.After intramuscular or intravenous administration 0.5g, 15min respectively ,it achieves the maximum blood concentration of 37.2μg/ml, and the concentration of the drug increases with the increase of the dose . It can be quickly distributed to the kidneys, blood plasma, lung, heart, digestive tract, liver and spleen, and it can go access to sputum, wound exudate, amniotic fluid and breast milk. PBP is 70%, t1/2 is 1.5h, it is mainly excreted in the urine, 6h after treatment the urine excretion rate is 60% to 70%, metabolites with antibacterial activity are not found in the urine . In renal dysfunction patients , plasma concentration increases, half-life extends and urinary excretion rate decreases.
Sodium cefsulodin is clinically used for the treatment of respiratory tract infections caused by Pseudomonas aeruginosa, pyelonephritis, cystitis, peritonitis, septicemia, prostatitis, burns, wounds and otitis media secondary infection, corneal ulcers, especially penicillin and aminoglycosides antibiotic treatment ineffective Pseudomonas aeruginosa infection.
Adverse reactions occurring rate is approximately 1.3%, it is similar to other cephalosporins. Occasionally allergic reactions occur, such as rash, urticaria.There are gastrointestinal reactions. Injection site is painful, intravenous injection causes phlebitis, mildly elevated serum transaminases , few visible proteinuria; there are also visible thrombocytopenia, increased eosinophils; rare thrombocytopenia, vitamin deficiency and the like.
Patients allergic to the chemicalsare are banned .Patients allergic to penicillin,and cephalosporin , having history of allergy diseases, allergic bodies, severe renal dysfunction, and pregnant women should use with caution. Cefsulodine sodium together with diuretics, aminoglycosides can increase renal toxicity. Check liver function, kidney function and blood at regular intervals .
The above information is edited by the chemicalbook of Tian Ye.
- CategoryToxic substances
- Toxicity gradingLow toxicity
- Acute toxicityIntravenous-rat LD50: 3030 mg/kg; Intravenous-Mouse LD50: 3780 mg/kg.
- Flammability and hazard characteristicsThermal decomposition produces toxic nitrogen oxides, sulfur oxides, sodium oxide fumes.
- Storage CharacteristicsVentilated, low-temperature ,dry storeroom.
- Extinguishing agentWater, carbon dioxide, foam, powder.
- OriginatorPseudomonil,Ciba Geigy,W. Germany,1980
- Usesbetaadrenergic blocker
- UsesCefsulodin is a third generation cephalosporin (C258750) antibiotic designed specifically for Pseudomonas Aeruginosa.
- UsesA β lactam antibiotic.
- Manufacturing Process0.514 g (4 x 10-3 mol) of 7-(α-sulfophenylacetamido)cephalosporanic acid, 0.466 g (3 x 10-3 mol) of isonicotinamide and 2.0 g (2.06 x 10-3 mol) of potassium thiocyanate were dissolved in 2.5 ml of water. The resulting solution was allowed to stand and heated for 20 hours in a thermostat kept at 50°C and then directly purified by chromatography on an Amberlite XAD-2 column (16 x 880 mm). Subsequently, the fractions containing the cephalosporins were collected and subjected to freeze-drying to obtain 270 g of the title product in the form of a pale yellowish white powder. The product is usually used as the sodium salt.
- brand nameCefomonil (TAP）.
- Therapeutic FunctionAntibiotic
cefsulodin sodium saltSupplierMore
- Company Name:Hubei kangmingde Pharmaceutical Chemical Co., Ltd Gold
- Tel:15008015258 027-89771658-
- Company Name:Nanjing Sunlida Biological Technology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel: 025-57798810-
- Company Name:Shanghai Linka Biotechnology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Chongqing Genco Pharmaceutical Co.,Ltd Gold
- Tel:13637703915 023-88654579-
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-