ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Biochemical Engineering > Inhibitors > Proteases > HCV Protease Inhibitors > Ledipasvir
Ledipasvir Chemical Properties
- Density 1.42±0.1 g/cm3(Predicted)
- Safety Statements 24/25
- RIDADR 3077
- HS Code 29333990
Ledipasvir Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionLedipasvir is a potent NS5A inhibitor that is approved for use in combination with sofosbuvir, a nucleotide inhibitor of viral polymerase, for the treatment of chronic hepatitis C virus genotype 1 infection. This combination was discovered and developed at Gilead Sciences and is marketed as the fixed combination with brand name of Harvoni.
- DefinitionChEBI: A benzimidazole derivative that is used in combination with sofosbuvir (under the trade name Harvoni) for the treatment of chronic hepatitis C genotype 1 infection.
- Chemical SynthesisThe synthesis of
the spirocyclopropane proline intermediate 136 is described in
Scheme above. Bis-iodination of cyclopropane-1,1-diyldimethanol
(131) in the presence of triphenylphosphine gave diiodide 132 in
70% yield. N-Boc-glycine ethyl ester (133) was then treated with
sodium hydride followed by diiodide 132 to give the protected proline
analog 134 in 61% yield. Saponification of the ester followed by
a classical resolution with (1S,2R)-amino-indanol gave enantomerically
pure salt 135. Liberation of the free acid with 1 M HCl followed
by treatment with potassium tert-butoxide provided
enantiopure potassium salt 136 in high yield.
Iodination of 2-bromofluorene (137) produced aryl iodide 138 in 95% yield, which was then treated with lithium hexamethyldisilazide and N-fluorobenzenesulfonimide (NFSI) to give the difluoro intermediate 139 in 82% yield. Formation of the Grignard reagent of 139 through reaction with isopropylmagnesium chloride followed by condensation with Weinreb amide 140 gave chloroketone 141 in 71% yield. The potassium salt of the cyclopropyl proline intermediate 136 was coupled with 141 to give keto ester 142 in high yield. Heating 142 with ammonium acetate resulted in formation of the imidazole ring in intermediate 143 in 77% yield.
Commercially available (1R,3S,4S)-N-Boc-2-azabicyclo [2.2.1]heptane-3-carboxylic acid (144) was coupled to 4-bromo- 1,2-benzenediamine (145) using EDC/HOBt to give a mixture of amides 146a/146b in 72% yield. Heating mixture 146a/146b with acetic acid affected cyclization to benzimidazole 147 in 94% yield. Palladium mediated coupling of bromide 147 to bis(pinacolato)diboron gave intermediate 148 which was then coupled in the same reaction vessel to bromide 143. This was followed by formation of the oxalate salt to give the protected central core of ledipasvir (149) in good overall yield. Removal of the amine protecting groups gave diamine 150 which was coupled to two equivalents of Moc-valine (151) via EDC/HOBt to give ledipasvir XVII in 73% yield.
- Company Name:Beijing Huikang Boyuan Chemical Tech Co., Ltd
- Company Name:Shanghai Boyle Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Company Name:Chemvon Biotechnology Co., Ltd
- Company Name:Chembest Research Laboratories Limited
- Company Name:Shanghai Hanhong Scientific Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:021-54302127 021-54306202-