Wintergreen Oil Chemical Properties
- alpha -0.5 º (NEAT)
- Boiling point:219 °C(lit.)
- Density 1.181 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
- FEMA 3113 | WINTERGREEN OIL (GAULTHERIA PROCUMBENS L.)
- refractive index n20/D 1.54
- Flash point:226 °F
- storage temp. 2-8°C
- CAS DataBase Reference68917-75-9(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemWintergreen oil (68917-75-9)
Wintergreen Oil Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesWintergreen essential oil is water steam-distilled from leaves charged into the still and allowed to macerate for several hours to hydrolyze the gaultherin glucoside (methyl salicylate + glucose). Distillation lasts from 5 to 6 hours and yields approximately 0.7% essential oil. The oil is often adulterated by intentionally co-distilling sweet birth (Betula lenta) bark. FCC (1996) has described wintergreen oil as obtained from the leaves of G. procumbens and bark of B. lenta. The oil has a strong, sweet, aromatic odor reminiscent of methyl salicylate, its main constituent.
- Physical propertiesWintergreen oil is a colorless, yellowish or reddish liquid. It boils with decomposition between 219 to 224°C. It is soluble in alcohol and in glacial acetic acid, and it is very slightly soluble in water.
- Essential oil compositionThe oil contains approximately 98% methyl salicylate.
Wintergreen Oil Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Raw materialsSandenol
- Company Name:Jiangxi Baicao Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., Gold
- Tel:15907062626 0796-8118889-8030
- Company Name:Jishui County Yikang Natural Flavor Oil Refinery Gold
- Tel:15179665672 0796-8128936
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:Spectrum Chemical Manufacturing Corp.
- Company Name:Jiangsu Aikon Biopharmaceutical R&D co.,Ltd.
- Tel:17798518460 025-66099280-