TRANS-STILBENE Chemical Properties
- Melting point:123-125 °C(lit.)
- Boiling point:305-307 °C744 mm Hg(lit.)
- Density 0.97 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
- refractive index 1.6230
- Flash point:305-307°C
- storage temp. 2-8°C
- solubility 0.00029g/l
- form Crystals or Crystalline Powder
- color White to slightly beige
- Specific Gravity0.97
- Water Solubility Soluble in benzene and ether. Insoluble in water.
- Merck 14,8817
- BRN 1616740
- CAS DataBase Reference103-30-0(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry Systemtrans-Stilbene (103-30-0)
TRANS-STILBENE Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical Propertiesoff-white crystalline powder
- UsesManufacture of dyes and optical bleaches, crystals are used as phosphors and scintillators.
- General DescriptionOff-white crystals. Melting point of 122-124°C. Shows blue fluorescence.
- Air & Water ReactionsSensitive to air and light. Insoluble in water.
- Reactivity ProfileTRANS-STILBENE may react vigorously with strong oxidizing agents. May react exothermically with reducing agents to release gaseous hydrogen.
- Fire HazardFlash point data for TRANS-STILBENE are not available, however TRANS-STILBENE is probably combustible.
- Environmental FateTrans-1,2-Diphenylethylene's production and use in the manufacture of dyes and optical bleaches, and as phosphors and scintillators may result in its release to the environment. If released to air, a vapor pressure of 8.81X10-4 mm Hg at 25 °C indicates trans-1,2-diphenylethylene will exist solely as a vapor in the ambient atmosphere. Vapor-phase trans-1,2-diphenylethylene will be degraded in the atmosphere by reaction with photochemically-produced hydroxyl radicals and ozone molecules. The half-life for the reaction in air with hydroxyl radicals is estimated to be 6 hours. The half-life for the reaction in air with ozone is estimated to be 1 hour. If released to soil, trans-1,2-diphenylethylene is expected to have no mobility based upon an estimated Koc of 9,850. Volatilization from moist soil surfaces may be an important fate process based upon an estimated Henry's Law constant of 7.2X10-4 atm-cu m/mole; however, adsorption to soil may attenuate this process.
Trans-1,2-Diphenylethylene is not expected to volatilize from dry soil surfaces based upon its vapor pressure. If released into water, trans-1,2-diphenylethylene is expected to adsorb to suspended solids and sediment based upon its estimated Koc. Volatilization from water surfaces may be an important fate process based upon this compound's estimated Henry's Law constant. Estimated volatilization half-lives for a model river and model lake are 2 and 140 hours, respectively. However, volatilization from water surfaces is expected to be attenuated by adsorption to suspended solids and sediment. The estimated volatilation half-life from a model pond is 90 days if adsorption is considered. An estimated BCF of 1,000 suggests the potential for bioconcentration in aquatic organisms is very high. Occupational exposure to trans-1,2-diphenylethylene may occur through inhalation of dust particles and dermal contact with this compound at workplaces where it is produced or used. Limited monitoring data indicate that non-occupational exposure can occur from the ingestion of contaminated drinking water. (SRC)
- Purification MethodsPurify it by vacuum distillation. (The final product contains about 1% of the cis isomer.) Crystallise it from EtOH. It has also been purified by zone melting. The styphnate (see next entry) has m 142o. [Lewis et al. J Am Chem Soc 107 203 1985, Bollucci et al. J Am Chem Soc 109 515 1987, Saltiel J Phys Chem 91 2755 1987, Beilstein 5 IV 2156.]
TRANS-STILBENE Preparation Products And Raw materials
- 1,4-BIS(2-METHYLSTYRYL)BENZENE 4-[2-(2,5-dimethoxyphenyl)vinyl]aniline (ALPHA,GAMMA-BISDIPHENYLENE-BETA-PHENYLALLYL), FREE RADICAL TETRAPHENYLETHYLENE 2,3-DIPHENYL-1-INDENONE 1-CYANO-1-PHENYL-2-(4-METHOXY-PHENYL)ETHYLENE 2,3-DIPHENYLACRYLONITRILE TRANS-4,4'-DIPHENYLSTILBENE 2,5-DIMETHOXY-4'-NITROSTILBENE Triphenylethylene Diethylstilbestrol NAPHTHOCHROME GREEN TRANS-4-HYDROXYSTILBENE 4,4'-DIMETHOXY-TRANS-STILBENE Direct Yellow 12 Bianthrone BENZALPHTHALIDE SITS
- Company Name:Dafeng Newti Pharmaceutical Technology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:18015586221 0512-65916026
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:Alfa Aesar
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390
- Feb 21，2020