Tween 60 Chemical Properties
- Melting point:45-50 °C
- Boiling point:802.68°C (rough estimate)
- Density 1.044 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
- vapor pressure <10 hPa (20 °C)
- FEMA 2916 | POLYSORBATE 60
- refractive index n
- Flash point:>230 °F
- storage temp. Store at RT.
- solubility 100 g/L
- PH5.5-7.7 (50g/l, H2O, 25℃)
- Water Solubility 100 g/L
- Merck 14,7582
- Hydrophilic-Lipophilic Balance (HLB)15
- EPA Substance Registry SystemPolysorbate 60 (9005-67-8)
- Safety Statements 24/25
- WGK Germany 1
- RTECS WG2934000
- TSCA Yes
- HS Code 34021300
- ToxicityLD50 orally in Rabbit: > 38000 mg/kg
Tween 60 Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesTan paste
- Chemical PropertiesPolysorbate 60 has a faint, characteristic odor and a warm, somewhat bitter taste. It is a mixture of stearate and palmitate partial esters of sorbitol and sorbitol anhydrides condensed with approximately 20 mole of ethylene oxide (C2H4O) for each mole of sorbitol and its mono- and dianhydrides.
- UsesTween 60 is an emulsifier manufactured by reacting stearic acid with sorbitol to yield a product which is reacted with ethylene oxide. It is a nonionic, waterdispersible surface-active agent which is very hydrophilic. It is also termed polysorbate 60. It is used in whipped vegetable toppings for overrun and lightness; in cakes for increased volume and fine grain; in icings and confectionery for lightness and syneresis control; and in salad dressing for emulsion stability. It is frequently used with sorbitan monostearate or monoand diglycerides. The typical usage range is 0.10–0.40%.
- UsesLonzest(R) SMS-20 is used as an emulsifier for plastic & polymers, personal care and industrial applications.
- UsesGlycosperse(R) S-20 KFG is used as an emulsifier. Suggested applications: cakes, shortenings, milk substitute, chocolate flavored syrup. Product Data Sheet
- Usesazalide antibiotic
- DefinitionChEBI: A polymer composed of PEG-ylated sorbitan, where the total number of poly(ethylene glycol) units is 20 (w + x + y + z = 20) and a single terminal is capped by a stearate group.
- brand nameTween 60 (ICI Americas).
- Safety ProfileModerately toxic by intravenous route. Experimental reproductive effects. Questionable carcinogen with experimental tumorigenic data. When heated to decomposition it emits acrid smoke and irritating fumes.
Tween 60 Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Polyoxyethglene(40)Stearate Triethylene glycol Bitumen emulsifier Polyoxyethylene fatty acid PROPYLENE GLYCOL Span 60 Sorbitan Tween 60 C8E3 Cremophor EL Polyethylene Polysorbate 20 OCTYLPHENYLPOLYETHYLENE GLYCOL Span 80 Poly(ethylene glycol) Polyoxyethylene octylphenol ether Ethylene glycol diacetate Ethylene glycol
Tween 60 SupplierMore
- Company Name:GUANGDONG RUNHUA CHEMISTRY CO.,LTD. Gold
- Tel:14749365990 020-36293412
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801
- Company Name:future industrial shanghai co., ltd