ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Inorganic chemistry > Inorganic salts > Metal halide and Halogen salt > Metal chlorides and salt > Barium chloride dihydrate
Barium chloride dihydrate
Barium chloride dihydrate Chemical Properties
- Melting point:962 °C
- Boiling point:1560 °C
- Density 3.86
- storage temp. Store at RT.
- form Solid
- color White
- Specific Gravity3.097
- PH5.2-8.2 (25℃, 50mg/mL in H2O)
- Water Solubility soluble
- Merck 14,971
- Stability:Stable. Incompatible with interhalogens, furan-2-percarbonic acid.
- CAS DataBase Reference10326-27-9(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemBarium chloride dihydrate (10326-27-9)
Barium chloride dihydrate Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionBarium chloride dihydrate is recrystallized from the water solutions of barium chloride. Barium chloride is used for the test of sulfate ions, for making pigment, for the purification of brine solution, in the manufacture of heat treating bath, and in the fireworks for green color. Barium Chloride is also used to set up porcelain enamels for sheet steel and to produce blanc fixe. Together with various matrices, barium chloride is used to fabricate novel ammonia sorbents for adsorptive heat transformation. Furthermore, barium chloride is used to modify the microstructure of polyvinyl alcohol (PVA) polymer films which have rich variety of applications.
- References J.V. Veselovskaya, M.M. Tokarev and Yu. I. Aristov, Novel ammonia sorbents ‘‘porous matrix modified by active salt” for adsorptive heat transformation 1. Barium chloride in various matrices, Applied Thermal Engineering, 2010, vol. 30, 584-589
 R.F. Bhajantri, V. Ravindrachary, A. Harisha, C. Ranganathaiah and G.N. Kumaraswamy, Effect of barium chloride doping on PVA microstructure: positron annihilation study, Applied Physics A, 2007, vol. 87, 797-805
 Daniel C. Hall and Edward F. Steinbring, Process of making pigment barium sulphate from barium chloride, Patent, 1935
 Paul H. Ralston and Charles T. Roland, Method of preparing sodium chloride brine of high purity, Patent, 1954
 Alber Erdmann and Elli Boelke, Salt bath for heat treating carbon alloyed steel, Patent, 1954
- DescriptionBarium chloride is a white/colourless solid and stable under ordinary conditions of use and storage. It is incompatible with bromine trifluoride and 2-furan percarboxylic acid (anhydrous).
- Chemical PropertiesBarium chloride is a white/colorless solid, stable under ordinary conditions of use and storage. It is incompat ible with bromine tril uoride, 2-furan percarboxylic acid (anhydrous).
- Chemical PropertiesWhite solid
- DefinitionChEBI: A hydrate that is the dihydrate form of barium chloride.
- General DescriptionWhite crystalline solid with a bitter, salty taste.
- Air & Water ReactionsWater soluble.
- Reactivity ProfileBarium chloride dihydrate may react violently with BrF3 and 2-furan percarboxylic acid in its anhydrous form.
- Health HazardExposures to barium chloride cause sore throat, coughing, and labored breathing, and become harmful and fatal if swallowed or inhaled. Prolonged exposures cause irritation to the skin, eyes, and respiratory tract, and involve the heart, respiratory system, and the CNS. An accidental ingestion of barium chloride causes severe gastroenteritis, abdomi- nal pain, vomiting, diarrhea, tremors, faintness, paralysis of arms and legs, and a slow or irregular heartbeat. In severe cases, barium chloride may cause collapse and death from respiratory failure.
- Fire HazardFlash point data for Barium chloride dihydrate are not available. Barium chloride dihydrate is probably combustible.
- Safety ProfileA poison by intraperitoneal route.When heated to decomposition it emits toxic vapors of Baand Cl-.
- storageBarium chloride should be kept stored in a tightly closed container. Protect from physi- cal damage. Store in a cool, dry, ventilated area away from sources of heat, moisture, and incompatibilities. Containers of this material may be hazardous when empty since they retain product residues (dust, solids); observe all warnings and precautions listed for the product.
- Purification MethodsIt is crystallised twice from water (2mL/g) and dried in an oven to constant weight. The solubilities of the hydrate (% of anhydrous wt) in H2O are 31.6 at 0o, 35.7 at 20o and 58.7 at 100o.
- PrecautionsOccupational workers should be careful during handling of barium hydroxide. Workers should wear impervious protective clothing, including boots, gloves, laboratory coat, apron, or coveralls, as appropriate, to prevent skin contact. Workers should use chemical safety goggles or full-face shields. The workplace should maintain an eye-wash fountain and quick-drench facilities.
Barium chloride dihydrate Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Preparation ProductsSodium hydroxidePotassium hydroxide ChlorineZinc chloridePotassium chloride Sodium chlorateBarium sulfateBarium hydroxide Barium chloride(2S,5R,6R)-6-[(R)-2-Amino-2-phenylacetamido]-3,3-dimethyl-7-oxo-4-thia-1-azabicyclo[3.2.0]heptane-2-carboxylic acidSodium fluorosilicateBarium hydroxide octahydrate2-BROMO-5-NITROFURANN10-(TRIFLUOROACETYL)PTEROIC ACIDLithol RedPigment Violet 35-Bromofuroic acidCreatine phosphate disodium saltN-Methyliminodiacetic acidPigment Fast Reddish Blue Lake BOBarium stearate Barium molybdateFast Pink lakePigment Fast Light Red Lake
- Raw materialsSodium hydroxideHydrochloric acidPotassium permanganateCalcium oxideBarium sulfateBarium carbonateBARIUM SULFIDEEthyl nitrite
- Barium hydroxide BARIUM CHLORATE MONOHYDRATE Barium chloride BARIUM CARBONATE-13C BARIUM PERCHLORATE Barium fluoride Barium iodide Barium carbonate Barium nitrate BARIUM HYDRIDE Barium peroxide BARIUM OXIDE Barium selenite BARIUM BROMIDE Barite Barium manganate Barium titanate BARIUM HYDROGEN PHOSPHATE
Barium chloride dihydrateSupplierMore
- Company Name:Wuhan jiyesheng Chemical Co., Ltd Gold
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801
- Company Name:Alfa Aesar