ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Organic Chemistry > Hydrocarbons and derivatives > Hydrocarbon nitrification > 3-Methyl-4-nitrobenzoic acid
3-Methyl-4-nitrobenzoic acid Chemical Properties
- Melting point:216-218 °C(lit.)
- Boiling point:314.24°C (rough estimate)
- Density 1.4283 (rough estimate)
- refractive index 1.5468 (estimate)
- storage temp. Store below +30°C.
- form Amorphous Powder
- color Yellow
- Water Solubility <0.1 g/100 mL at 22 ºC
- BRN 1959154
- CAS DataBase Reference3113-71-1(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry Reference3-Methyl-4-nitrobenzoic acid(3113-71-1)
- EPA Substance Registry System3-Methyl-4-nitrobenzoic acid (3113-71-1)
3-Methyl-4-nitrobenzoic acid Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical Propertieswhite to light yellow crystal powder
- General DescriptionNeedles or off white powder.
- Air & Water ReactionsInsoluble in water.
- Reactivity Profile3-Methyl-4-nitrobenzoic acid is a nitrated carboxylic acid. Carboxylic acids donate hydrogen ions if a base is present to accept them. They react in this way with all bases, both organic (for example, the amines) and inorganic. Their reactions with bases, called "neutralizations", are accompanied by the evolution of substantial amounts of heat. Neutralization between an acid and a base produces water plus a salt. Carboxylic acids with six or fewer carbon atoms are freely or moderately soluble in water; those with more than six carbons are slightly soluble in water. Soluble carboxylic acid dissociate to an extent in water to yield hydrogen ions. The pH of solutions of carboxylic acids is therefore less than 7.0. Many insoluble carboxylic acids react rapidly with aqueous solutions containing a chemical base and dissolve as the neutralization generates a soluble salt. Carboxylic acids in aqueous solution and liquid or molten carboxylic acids can react with active metals to form gaseous hydrogen and a metal salt. Such reactions occur in principle for solid carboxylic acids as well, but are slow if the solid acid remains dry.
- Fire HazardFlash point data for 3-Methyl-4-nitrobenzoic acid are not available; however, 3-Methyl-4-nitrobenzoic acid is probably combustible.
3-Methyl-4-nitrobenzoic acid Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Preparation Productsethyl 4-chloroquinazoline-6-carboxylate4-Methyl-2-n-propyl-1H-benzimidazole-6-carboxylic acid7-METHYL-2-PROPYL-1H-BENZOIMIDAZOLE-5-CARBOXYLIC ACID METHYL ESTER3,4-dihydro-4-oxoquinazoline-6-carboxylic acid4-aminobenzene-1,3-dioic acidMethyl 4-amino-3-methylbenzoate4-NITROISOPHTHALIC ACID
- 3-Nitrobenzoic acid Methyl Kresoxim-methyl NITROGEN DIOXIDE 4-(Aminomethyl)benzoic acid Thiophanate-methyl Methyl acrylate m-Toluic acid Bensulfuron methyl o-Toluic acid p-Toluic acid 3-METHYL-2-NITROBENZOIC ACID,3-Methyl-2-Nitrobenzoic Acid 98% p-Nitrobenzoic acid 4-Nitrobenzoic Acid Isooctyl Ester Methyl bromide Methyl acetate Methylparaben Parathion-methyl
- Company Name:Changzhou Baokang Pharmaceutical & Chemical Co.,Ltd. Gold
- Tel:15961115886 0519-88494757
- Company Name:Shandong Vantage Specialty Chemicals Biotechnology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:18678026865 0536-2101172-
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:INTATRADE GmbH
- Tel:+49 3493/605464