PARAOXON Chemical Properties
- Melting point:300°C
- Boiling point:169-170°C
- Density 1.274 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
- refractive index n
- storage temp. 2-8°C
- form oil
- color yellow
- Odorslt odor
- Water Solubility 3.627g/L(20 ºC)
- Merck 13,7102
- BRN 1915526
- CAS DataBase Reference311-45-5
- EPA Substance Registry SystemParaoxon (311-45-5)
PARAOXON Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesOily Liquid
- Chemical PropertiesParaoxon is an odorless, reddish-yellow oil. Fruity odor.
- UsesA cholinesterase inhibitor
- DefinitionChEBI: An aryl dialkyl phosphate where both the alkyl groups are ethyl and the aryl group is 4-nitrophenyl.
- Synthesis Reference(s)Tetrahedron Letters, 31, p. 3359, 1990 DOI: 10.1016/S0040-4039(00)89065-6
- General DescriptionReddish-yellow oily liquid with a faint fruity odor.
- Reactivity ProfileOrganophosphates are susceptible to formation of highly toxic and flammable phosphine gas in the presence of strong reducing agents such as hydrides. Partial oxidation by oxidizing agents may result in the release of toxic phosphorus oxides.
- Fire HazardFlash point data for PARAOXON are not available; however, PARAOXON is probably combustible.
- Safety ProfileA deadly poison by ingestion,intraperitoneal, intravenous, subcutaneous, intramuscular,and parenteral routes. Mutation data reported. Humansystemic effects: coma, convulsions, miosis. Acholinesterase inhibitor. An insecticide. When heated todecompos
- Potential ExposureAn organophosphate insecticide. Has been used as a medication.
- ShippingUN3018 Organophosphorus pesticides, liquid, toxic, Hazard Class: 6.1; Labels: 6.1-Poisonous materials.
- IncompatibilitiesKeep away from alkaline materials and strong oxidizers. Contact with oxidizers can cause the release of toxic oxides of phosphorus. May react violently with antimony(V) pentafluoride. Incompatible with lead diacetate, magnesium, silver nitrate. In the presence of strong reducing agents such as hydrides, organophosphates form highly toxic and flammable phosphine gas.
- Waste DisposalIn accordance with 40CFR165, follow recommendations for the disposal of pesticides and pesticide containers. Must be disposed properly by following package label directions or by contacting your local or federal environmental control agency, or by contacting your regional EPA office.
PARAOXON Preparation Products And Raw materials
- ETHYLPHOSPHONIC ACID 4-(4-NITROPHENYL)MORPHOLINE Parathion Paraoxon propyl,Propyl paraoxon PARAOXON SOLUTION 1ML Diisopropyl paraoxon METHOD 507 - MIX F - SIMAZINE & METHYL PARAOXON PARAOXON SOLUTION 100UG/ML IN ACETONITRILE 1ML DIMETHYL PHOSPHATE DIETHYL PHOSPHATE PHENYLPHOSPHORIC ACID Bis(3-chloropropyl) p-nitrophenyl phosphate DIETHYLMETHYLPHOSPHATE DIMETHYLETHYLPHOSPHATE TRI-AMMONIUM PHOSPHATE TRIHYDRATE 6-Carboxyhexylphosphocholine p-Nitrophenyl Ester METHYL PARAOXON,PARAOXON-METHYL,Dimethyl paraoxon,PARAOXON-METHYL PESTANAL, > 96%,O,O-Dimethyl O-(4-nitrophenyl) phosphate, Paraoxon-methyl PHOSPHONIC ACID, ETHYL METHYL ESTER