SCOPOLAMINE METHYL NITRATE
SCOPOLAMINE METHYL NITRATE Chemical Properties
SCOPOLAMINE METHYL NITRATE Usage And Synthesis
- OriginatorTransderm ,Scop Novartis Consumer Health Inc.
- Manufacturing ProcessIn a one-liter separatory funnel, 94 g (0.215 mol) of scopolamine hydrobromide trihydrate was dissolved in 250 ml of water, made alkaline by shaking with 40 g (1 mol) of sodium hydroxide in 150 ml of water, and the free base immediately extracted with ether. As scopolamine is somewhat soluble in water, the aqueous layer was saturated with potassium carbonate and again extracted with ether. The combined ether extracts were dried over anhydrous magnesium sulfate and the ether removed by distillation, leaving 65 g (0.214 mol; 100% yield) of nearly colorless oil. Then 100 g (1.05 mol) of cold methyl bromide was added to a chilled, 500-ml pressure flask containing the 65 g of scopolamine, the flask stoppered tightly with a clamp, and allowed to stand at room temperature for 96 hours. The flask was cooled before opening, excess methyl bromide removed by distilling, and the white solid washed thoroughly with dry ether. The yield of crude Nmethylscopolammonium bromide was 80 g (94 %t yield). The salt was recrystallized from 550 ml of alcohol; first crop, 70 g, MP: 212-214°C; second crop, 6 g, melting point 195-200°C. The combined crops were again recrystallized from 500 ml of alcohol; melting point 210-212°C. The third recrystallization from 600 ml of alcohol yielded 64 g, melting point 214- 216°C, a 75 % yield based on scopolamine hydro-bromide trihydrate starting material. N-Methylscopolammonium bromide may be dissolved in water. An equivalent of solution AgNO3 was added, a precipitated AgBr was filtered off. The filtrate was evaporated to dryness to give the desired Nmethylscopolammonium nitrate.
- brand nameMesconit;Skopyle.
- Therapeutic FunctionAnticholinergic, Spasmolytic
- World Health Organization (WHO)Hyoscine methonitrate, a quaternary ammonium anticholinergic agent, was introduced in 1947 for use as a gastrointestinal antispasmodic. The action taken in Sweden relates to the use of this compound in preparations for suppressing the appetite. Preparations may remain available elsewhere.
- (S)-3-Hydroxypyrrolidine 3-PROPYLMORPHOLINE (S)-2-(2-Hydroxyethyl)piperidine L-Hyoscyamine Scopine SCOPOLAMINE METHYL NITRATE Tetramethylammonium nitrate (R)-3-Methylmorpholine 1-Methyl-2-pyrrolidineethanol 2-Piperidineethanol N-METHYLPIPERIDINE-2-ETHANOL (S)-(+)-1-Methyl-3-pyrrolidinol 3-Ethylmorpholine hydrochloride ATROPINE METHYL NITRATE Atropine (R)-(+)-PIPERIDINE-2-ETHANOL 1-Methyl-3-pyrrolidinol DL-TROPIC ACID
SCOPOLAMINE METHYL NITRATESupplierMore
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390
- Company Name:Energy Chemical
- Tel:400-005-6266 021-58432009