Basic information Efficient diuretics Chemical properties Uses production method Category Toxicity grading Acute toxicity Flammability and hazard characteristics Storage Characteristics Extinguishing agent Safety Related Supplier
Furosemide Chemical Properties
- Melting point:220 °C (dec.)(lit.)
- Boiling point:582.1±60.0 °C(Predicted)
- Density 1.606
- refractive index 1.6580 (estimate)
- Flash point:11 °C
- storage temp. 2-8°C
- solubility Practically insoluble in water, soluble in acetone, sparingly soluble in ethanol (96 per cent), practically insoluble in methylene chloride. It dissolves in dilute solutions of alkali hydroxides.
- form powder
- pkapKa 3.8 (Uncertain)
- Water Solubility Soluble in acetone, DMF or methanol. Slightly soluble in water
- Merck 14,4309
- Stability:Stable, but light sensitive, air sensitive and hygroscopic. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents.
- CAS DataBase Reference54-31-9(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemFurosemide (54-31-9)
- Hazard Codes T,F,Xi
- Risk Statements 61-39/23/24/25-23/24/25-11-36/37/38
- Safety Statements 7-16-36/37-45-53-36/37/39-22-36-26
- RIDADR UN 1230 3/PG 2
- WGK Germany 3
- RTECS CB2625000
- HS Code 2935904000
- Hazardous Substances Data54-31-9(Hazardous Substances Data)
- ToxicityLD50 orally in female, male rats: 2600, 2820 mg/kg (Goldenthal)
Furosemide Usage And Synthesis
- Efficient diureticsFurosemide, is a class of efficient sulfonamide diuretics acting on the medullary loop of the ascending branch of the medulla,it has a strong and short-term diuretic effect,which can increase the excretion of water, sodium, chloride, potassium, calcium, magnesium, phosphate and so on. It Mainly inhibits Na + and Cl-reabsorption in medullary and cortex of the medullary loop ascending branch crude segment , it can promote the excretion of sodium, chloride and potassium and affect the formation of renal medullary high osmotic pressure,it can interfer the process of concentration and dilution of urine, and it can increase urine output. This product can inhibit the activity of prostaglandin decomposition enzyme ,make the content of prostaglandin E2 increase,it has effect on expansion of blood vessels, it also plays a role in the proximal tubule, glomerular filtration,it can increase renal blood flow,and adjust renal blood flow distribution,and reduce blood flow so that the cortex surface blood flow increases,it promotes diuresis, its effect is fast and strong, it is used for other diuretics invalid cases. Clinically it is used for the treatment of cardiac edema, renal edema, cirrhosis ascitic fluid, peripheral edema caused by dysfunction or vascular disorders , and it may contribute to an upper urinary tract stones excretion. Administration intravenously can treat brain edema, it also can accelerate the excretion of toxic substances in cerebral edema in poisoning . Note that when the diuretic furosemide is used, since the excretion of urine Cl-, Na +, K +, H + is increasing, while the excretion of HCO3-is not increasing, long-term repeated drug use or large quantities of drugs can cause low salt syndrome, low chlorine and low potassium alkalosis.
In recent years, researchers find that inhalation of furosemide can have a significant effect on asthma, it is like cromolyn sodium, which through inhibition of allergic mediator release, it can inhibit the release of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine and substance P, which may be related to inhibiting chloride ions into the cell membranes of respiratory tract. Clinically,it is used in exercise-induced asthma, immediate and delayed type antigen-induced asthma.
The above information is edited by the Chemicalbook of Tian Ye.
- Chemical propertieswhite or white alike crystalline powder. 206 ℃ melting point. Dissolved in acetone, methanol, dimethyl formamide, slightly soluble in ethanol, insoluble in water. Odorless, almost tasteless.
- UsesThe diuretic effect of this product is a strong and short,it is a potent diuretic for the treatment of edema caused by heart, liver, kidney and other diseases, in particular, the base cases which other diuretics are invalid to;it can be used to treat acute pulmonary edema, brain edema , acute renal failure and high blood pressure and other diseases; in combination with fluid infusion, the product can promote poison excretion. Rat oral LD50 is 2600-2820mg/kg.
- production method2,4-dichlorobenzoic acid (see 12740) by sulfochlorination,ammoniation, acidification ,dichloro-5-sulfamoyl-benzoic acid is obtained. Then after condensation with the chaff amine , furosemide is produced.
- CategoryToxic substances
- Toxicity gradingMiddle toxic
- Acute toxicityOral-rat LD50: 2600 mg/kg; Oral-Mouse LD50: 2200 mg/kg.
- Flammability and hazard characteristicsCombustible; fire decomposition produces toxic nitrogen oxides; sulfur oxides and chlorides smoke.
- Storage CharacteristicsVentilated, low-temperature ,dry storeroom.
- Extinguishing agentWater, carbon dioxide, dry powder,sandy soil.
- Chemical Propertieswhite to light yellow crystal powde
- Usesdiuretic, antihypertensive
- UsesFurosemide inhibits ion co-transport in the kidney. Furosemide is used as a diuretic.
- UsesThis compound belongs to the aminobenzenesulfonamides. These are organic compounds containing a benzenesulfonamide moiety with an amine group attached to the benzene ring.
- UsesAn inhibitor of NKCC and a GABAA receptor antagonist.
- DefinitionA benzoic-sulfonamide-furan. It is a diuretic with fast onset and short duration and anti-hypertensive agent.
- brand nameLasix (Sanofi Aventis).
- General DescriptionOdorless white to slightly yellow crystalline powder. A diuretic drug. Almost tasteless.
- Air & Water ReactionsLight sensitive. Air sensitive. Slightly soluble in water.
- Reactivity ProfileFurosemide may undergo hydrolysis at sufficiently low pH. The pH of aqueous solutions should be maintained in the basic range to prevent hydrolysis. Alcohol has been shown to improve the stability of Furosemide. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents .
- HazardPoison; moderately toxic; teratogen; questionable carcinogen; mutagen.
- Fire HazardFlash point data for Furosemide are not available; however, Furosemide is probably combustible.
- Biological ActivityLoop diuretic that inhibits the Na + /2Cl - /K + (NKCC) cotransporter. Also acts as a non-competitive antagonist at GABA A receptors with ~ 100-fold greater selectivity for α 6-containing receptors than α 1-containing receptors.
- Safety ProfilePoison by intravenous route. Moderately toxic by ingestion and intraperitoneal routes. Human systemic effects by intravenous route: change in the sensitivity of the ear to sound, tinnitus, unspecified effects on the heart, constriction of the arteries, a decrease in urine volume, interstitial nephritis, metabolic alkalosis, pulse rate decrease, fall in blood pressure. Ingestion can damage the liver. Experimental teratogenic and reproductive effects. Questionable carcinogen with experimental carcinogenic effects. Human mutation data reported. When heated to decomposition it emits very toxic fumes of Cl-, NOx, and SOx.
- Veterinary Drugs and TreatmentsFurosemide is used for its diuretic activity in all species. It is used in small animals for the treatment of congestive cardiomyopathy, pulmonary edema, hypercalcuric nephropathy, uremia, as adjunctive therapy in hyperkalemia and, occasionally, as an antihypertensive agent. In cattle, it is approved for use for the treatment of post-parturient udder edema. It has been used to help prevent or reduce epistaxis (exercise-induced pulmonary hemorrhage; EIPH) in racehorses.
Furosemide Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Company Name:Guangzhou Kafen Biotech Co.,Ltd Gold
- Tel:18029243487 QQ：2355327168
- Company Name:GUANGZHOU CHANGTHINKING IMP.&EXP.CO.,LTD Gold
- Company Name:Wuhan Dahua Weiye Pharmaceutical Chemical Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Zhongxiang Yaowei Biological Technology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:13260682861 153-37241005-
- Company Name:Wuhan Xinru Chemical Co., Ltd. Gold