ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > API > Synthetic Anti-infective Drugs > Sulfonamides and synergist > Phthalylsulfathiazole
Phthalylsulfathiazole Chemical Properties
- Melting point:198-204°C
- Density 1.4235 (rough estimate)
- refractive index 1.6390 (estimate)
- storage temp. Keep in dark place,Sealed in dry,Room Temperature
- solubility Practically insoluble in water, freely soluble in dimethylformamide, slightly soluble in acetone and in ethanol (96 per cent).
- form neat
- Merck 14,7377
- BRN 359901
- CAS DataBase Reference85-73-4(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry ReferencePhthalylsulfathiazole(85-73-4)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemBenzoic acid, 2-[[[4-[(2-thiazolylamino)sulfonyl]phenyl]amino]carbonyl]- (85-73-4)
- Safety Statements 24/25
- RIDADR 3249
- RTECS TH8575000
- HazardClass 6.1(b)
- PackingGroup III
- HS Code 29350090
- ToxicityLD50 i.p. in mice: 920 mg/kg (Mattis)
Phthalylsulfathiazole Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesWhite or yellowish-white, crystalline powder.
- OriginatorSulfathalidine, MSD, US,1946
- Manufacturing Process5 g of phthalic anhydride was added to a boiling suspension of 10 g of sulfathiazole in 100 cc of alcohol. The mixture was then refluxed for 5 minutes after the addition was complete at which time all of the solids were in solution. The solution was then cooled and diluted with an equal volume of water, The white solid precipitate which formed was filtered and recrystallized from dilute alcohol, yielding 2-N4-phthalylsulfanilamidothiazole,which decomposes above 260°C, according to US Patent 2,324,015.
- brand nameCanidis-anti-diarr;Carbidiar;Carbotalin;Colicitina;Coliclase;Crematalil;Diacolin;Direver;Disenterol;Ef-micin;Enterocalme;Entero-hermes;Entero-red;Enterosteril;Entero-toxan;Esteraplidin mag;Eugeniteed;Fitazil;Ftalil-tiazol;Ilentazol;Inrestibla strepto;Iodentero-neomicina;Logical;Massotalil;Neo-sulfazon;Novosulfina;Phtazol;Septiftalil;Syptan;Talisulfazol;Tamil;.
- Therapeutic FunctionAntibacterial (intestinal)
- World Health Organization (WHO)Phthalylsulfathiazole, a sulfonamide anti-infective agent, was introduced in 1946 for the treatment of bacterial infections. The importance of sulfonamides has subsequently decreased as a result of increasing bacterial resistance and their replacement by antibiotics which are generally more active and less toxic. Although phthalylsulfathiazole, which is poorly absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract, is no longer recommended in some countries, it continues to be used in others for the treatment of local intestinal infections, including bacterial dysentery, and for pre-operative bowel preparation.
Phthalylsulfathiazole Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Raw materialsSulfathiazole
- PHTHALYLSULFACETAMIDE 2-METHYLBENZANILIDE N-Phenylbenzylamine N-Methyl methanesulfonamide PHTHALANILLIC ACID 8-quinolyl 2-[[[4-[(thiazole-2-ylamino)sulphonyl]phenyl]amino]carbonyl]benzoate N-METHYL-O-TOLUAMIDE o-(hydroxymethyl)benzamide Benzoic acid, 2-(aminomethyl)- (9CI) 2-Aminothiazole PHTHALAMIC ACID Dibenzoylmethane AMINO ACIDS Phthalylsulfathiazole PYRAZOPHOS Sulfathiazole sodium ALTRENOGEST PHENYL VALERATE
- Company Name:Creasyn Finechem(Tianjin) Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801
- Company Name:future industrial shanghai co., ltd