ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Organic Chemistry > Organometallic compounds > Organic rhodium > Rhodium(II) acetate dimer
Rhodium(II) acetate dimer
Rhodium(II) acetate dimer Chemical Properties
- Melting point:205 °C
- storage temp. Inert atmosphere,Room Temperature
- form powder
- color Green to dark green
- Water Solubility Soluble in aqueous solution like water. Slightly soluble in ethanol
- Hydrolytic Sensitivity0: forms stable aqueous solutions
Rhodium(II) acetate dimer Usage And Synthesis
- Catalyst for insertion into C-H and X-H bonds.
- Catalyst for Ylide generation.
- Doyle−Kirmse Reaction of Allylic Sulfides with Diazoalkane
- Claisen rearrangement.
- Epoxides from aldehydes.
- Synthesis of aziridines from allylic N-tosyloxycarbamates.
- Rh/NHC catalyzed direct intermolecular arylation of C-H bonds.
- Chiral Bronsted acid-Rh catalyzed three component reactions of diazo compounds with alcohols and imines.
- Rh-catalyzed cyclopropenations of ynamides.
- Tandem asymmetric aza-Darzens/ring-opening reactions.
- Chemical PropertiesRhodium(II) acetate dimer is Emerald Green Powder
- UsesRhodium (II) Acetate Dimer is used in the preparation of molybdenum triisopropylbenzoate isonicotinate which maintains ambivalent properties.
- UsesCatalyst for cyclopropanation of alkenes, oxidation of alcohols, cyclization reactions involving ?-diazo carbonyl groups, insertion into C-H and X-H bonds (X-H is NH or SH or OH) and for ylide formation. More reactive and useful in differentiating ribonucleosides and deoxynucleosides. It is also used in functionalizing fullerenes into polymers. Efficient catalyst for hydrogen transfer from 2-propanol to cyclohexanone and other unsaturated compounds.
- Purification MethodsDissolve 5g of the salt in boiling MeOH (ca 600mL) and filter. Concentrate it to 400mL and chill overnight at ca 0o to give dark green crystals of the MeOH adduct. Concentration of the mother liquors gives a further crop of [Rh(OAc)2]2.2MeOH. The adduct is then heated at 45o in a vacuum for 2hours (all MeOH is lost) to leave the emerald green crystals of the actetate. [Legzdins et al. J Chem Soc (A) 3322 1970.] Alternatively dissolve the acetate in glacial AcOH and reflux for a few hours to give an emerald green solution. Evaporate most of the AcOH on a steam bath, then heat the residue at 120o/1hour. Extract the residue with boiling Me2CO. Filter, concentrate to half its volume and keep at 0o/18hours. Collect the crystals, wash them with ice cold Me2CO and dry them at 110o. It is soluble in most organic solvents with which it forms adducts including Me3N and Me2S and gives solutions with different colours varying from green to orange and red. [UV: Johnson et al. Inorg Chem 2 960 1963, Beilstein 1 H 124.]
Rhodium(II) acetate dimer Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Preparation Products(1R,2R)-N-BOC-1-AMINO-2-PHENYLCYCLOPROPANECARBOXYLIC ACID
Rhodium(II) octanoate dimer Hydrazine acetate CESIUM ACETATE Ammonium acetate Potassium Acetate Cupric acetate monohydrate YTTERBIUM(III) ACETATE HYDRATE Silver acetate Zinc acetate PEG4-tert-butyl acetate RH2(R-TBSP)4 TETRAKIS[(R)-(+)-N-(P-DODECYLPHENYLSULFONYL)PROLINATO]DIRHODIUM(II) DIRHODIUM TETRAKIS[N-PHTHALOYL-(S)-PHENYLALANINATE] ETHYL ACETATE ADDUCT TETRAKIS(TRIPHENYLACETATO)DIRHODIUM(II) DIRHODIUM TETRAKIS[N-PHTHALOYL-(R)-TERT-LEUCINATE] BIS(ETHYL ACETATE) ADDUCT RHODIUM(II) ACETATE DIMER, HYDRATE RHODIUM(II) HEXANOATE DIMER Tetrakis[(R)-(-)-(1-adamantyl)-(N-phthalimido)acetato]dirhodium(II)Rh2(R-PTAD)4
Rhodium(II) acetate dimerSupplierMore
- Company Name:Adamas Reagent, Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:ShangHai Vita Chemicals Reagent Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:021-57120026 13761879068 15221782916
- Email:firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
- Company Name:Shanghai TuoSi chemical co., LTD Gold
- Tel:021-50920725 15317121217
- Company Name:Shaanxi Rock New Materials Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-