Bathocuproine Chemical Properties
- Melting point:279-283 °C(lit.)
- Boiling point:482.47°C (rough estimate)
- Density 1.2408 (rough estimate)
- refractive index 1.7620 (estimate)
- form Powder
- color Yellow
- Water Solubility Soluble in methanol (36mg/100ml), ethanol, 2-propanol, bezene, and acetone. Partly miscible in water.
- BRN 306714
- CAS DataBase Reference4733-39-5(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry System1,10-Phenanthroline, 2,9-dimethyl-4,7-diphenyl- (4733-39-5)
Bathocuproine Usage And Synthesis
- ClassificationElectron-transport layer materials, Electron-injection layer materials, Hole-blocking layer materials, OFET, OLED, Organic Photovoltaics, Perovskite solar cells, Sublimed materials.
- Applications2,9-Dimethyl-4,7-diphenyl-1,10-phenanthroline, also known as Bathocuproine (BCP), is a wide-band-gap material and has a high electron affinity. When it is embedded into organic electronic devices, bathocuproine acts as an exciton-blocking barrier which prohibits exciton diffusion process towards the Al electrode otherwise being quenched. One of the most commonly used buffer layer between acceptor and cathode layers is bathocuproine. The introduction of the buffer layer can greatly improve the PCE of polymer organic solar cells. BCP is one of the most popular hole-blocking layer materials that is used in organic electronics, including perovskite solar cells.
It was demonstrated that a BCP buffer layer reduces nonradiative recombination of excitons at the C60 –Al interface. Its most important function is to establish an Ohmic contact between the C60 film and the Al electrode in photovoltaic devices.
- Chemical PropertiesYellow powder
- Purification MethodsPurify it by recrystallisation from *benzene. [Smith & Wilkins Anal Chem 25 510 1953, Beilstein 23 III/IV 2160.]
- Dimethyl fumarate FIREMASTER BP-6 o-Phenanthroline N,N-Dimethylformamide ETHANE DMC Dimethyl ether 3-METHYLADENINE 1,10-Phenanthroline hydrate 2,3,3',4,4',5-HEXACHLOROBIPHENYL 1,8-Diazabicyclo[5.4.0]undec-7-ene Dimethyl sulfoxide Dimethyl sebacate Biphenyl Bifenthrin Bifendate Bifonazole Dimethyl sulfate
- Company Name:Jilin OLED Material Tech Co., Ltd Gold
- Company Name:Tianjin Derchemist Science & Technology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:+86 (22) 5862-7059 +86-13920586291 QQ: 1391055800
- Email:firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com;
- Company Name:Changchun Tuo Cai Technology Co.,ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Shaoxing Shunbang Medical Technology Co. LTD Gold
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-