ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Biochemical Engineering > Inhibitors > protein tyrosine kinase > Cabozantinib Malate
Cabozantinib Malate Usage And Synthesis
- Pharmacological effectsCabozantinib S-MALATE，formerly known as XL184, trade name Cabometyx, is developed by Exelixis biopharmaceutical company in the United States. The drug is mainly targeted at MET and VEGFR2 tyrosine kinases that associated with the growth and proliferation of prostate cancer, inhibiting tumor metastasis and angiogenesis. Cabozantinib S-MALATE , the malate of Cabozantinib, is an effective VEGFR2 inhibitor, and IC50 is 0.035 nM. It also inhibits c-Met, Ret, Kit, Flt-1/3/4, Tie2 and AXL, and IC50 is 1.3 nM, 4 nM, 4.6 nM, 12 nM/11.3 nM/6 nM, 14.3 nM and 7 nM respectively.
Cabozantinib(Cometriq) was granted orphan drug status by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in January 2011. Cabozantinib(Cometriq) is approved by the U.S. FDA for medullary thyroid cancer. and advanced renal cell carcinoma in people who have received prior anti-angiogenic therapy. It is currently undergoing clinical trials for the treatment of prostate, bladder, ovarian, brain, melanoma, breast, non-small cell lung, pancreatic, and hepatocellular cancers.
Cabozantinib (S)-malate salt is a white to off-white solid that is practically insoluble in aqueous media.
- PrecautionsCometriq has a boxed warning that increases the incidence of gastrointestinal perforation and fistula
Formation and severe bleeding. If you have severe stomach pain, or if you feel that you are suffocating and vomiting while eating or drinking, call your doctor. Warnings and precautions include thrombosis events, Wound complications, hypertension, jaw osteonecrosis, palm-toe erythema paresthesia Syndrome (PPES), proteinuria and reversible posterior leukoencephalopathy syndrome (RPLS).
- Chemical PropertiesOff-White Solid
- UsesCabozantinib is a small molecule C-Met modulator. Cabozantinib acts as a potent multitargeted VEGFR2, Met, FLT3, Tie2, Kit and Ret inhibitor with IC50 of 0.035, 1.8, 14.4, 14.3 and 4.6 nM for VEGFR2, Met, FLT3, Tie2 and Kit, respectively. Cabozantinib shows dose-dependent inhibition of tumor growth and tumor regression, associated with disruption of the tumor vasculature and extensive tumor cell a poptosis.
- UsesXL184 (Cabozantinib, BMS-907351) is a potent multitargeted VEGFR2, Met, FLT3, Tie2, Kit and Ret inhibitor with IC50 of 0.035, 1.8, 14.4, 14.3 and 4.6 nM for VEGFR2, Met, FLT3, Tie2 and Kit, respectively.
- UsesCabozantinib malate is the malate of Cabozantinib, a potent VEGFR2 inhibitor with IC50 of 0.035 nM and also inhibits c-Met, Ret, Kit, Flt-1/3/4, Tie2, and AXL with IC50 of 1.3 nM, 4 nM, 4.6 nM, 12 nM/11.3 nM/6 nM, 14.3 nM and 7 nM, respectively.
- DefinitionChEBI: A malate salt that is the mono-(S)-malate salt of cabozantinib. A multi-tyrosine kinase inhibitor, used for the treatment of progressive, metastatic, medullary thyroid cancer.
- Clinical UseCabozantinib (S)-malate (Cometriq®), which was discovered and developed by Exelixis, gained approval by the U.S. FDA in November 2012. The drug’s indication is for the treatment of medullary thyroid cancer (MTC), and is the second drug for this disease after AstraZeneca’s vandetanib (Caprelsa®). The drug was successfully launched on January 24, 2013. Cabozantinib inhibits multiple receptor tyrosine kinases including RET, MET, VEGFR-1, -2 and -3, KIT, TRKB, FLT-3, AXL, and TIE-2. It is currently also undergoing clinical trials for the treatment of prostate, ovarian, brain, melanoma, breast, non-small cell lung, pancreatic, hepatocellular and kidney cancers.
- Chemical SynthesisOf the
three syntheses of cabozantinib reported, the kilo-gram scale process route is described in the scheme.
The preparation began with 6,7-dimethoxy-quinoline-4-ol (46) which upon treatment with POCl3 provided chloride 47 in 70% yield. Exposure of 47 to 4-aminophenol under basic conditions using t- BuONa furnished diaryl ether 48 in 72% yield. This aniline was then coupled with amidoacid chloride 51 (which arose from the activation of commercial diacid 49 to the corresponding monochloride and coupling with p-fluoroaniline and subsequent exposure to oxalyl chloride to furnish the transient acid chloride) to construct cabozantinib as the free base 52 in 95% yield. Salt formation of cabozantinib 52 was carried out with (S)-malic acid, which ultimately delivered the final product of cabozantinib (S)- malate (VIII) in 75% yield.
- Dacomitinib (PF299804) 1256963-02-6 Neratinib 171228-49-2 SOLITHROMYCIN BIBW2992 DiMaleate 918504-65-1 1110813-31-4 Crizotinib Afatinib (BIBW 2992) PLERIXAFOR 201530-41-8 9-ethyl-6,6-diMethyl-8-(4-Morpholinopiperidin-1-yl)-11-oxo-5a,6,11,11a-tetrahydro-5H-benzo[b]carbazole-3-carbonitrile hydrochloride N-(3-(5-(4-Chlorophenyl)-1H-pyrrolo[2,3-B]pyridine-3-carbonyl)-2,4-difluorophenyl)propane-1-sulfonaMide Nintedanib Ethanesulfonate Salt Olaparib BenzenaMine, 4-[(6,7-diMethoxy-4-quinolinyl)oxy]- 1-(4-FLUOROPHENYLCARBAMOYL)CYCLOPROPANECARBOXYLIC ACID
- Company Name:Xuzhou zuncheng chemical technology co. LTD Gold
- Products Intro:Product Name:Cabozantinib S-MALATE
Purity:99.5% HPLC Package:1G;10G;100G;500G;1KG;10KG
- Company Name:Hefei NaNo Biological Technology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Products Intro:Product Name:CABOZANTINIB S-MALATE
- Company Name:WuHu Linze pharmaceutical Co.,Ltd. Gold
- Products Intro:Product Name:Cabozantinib S-Malate
- Company Name:Shanghai Hope Chem Co., Ltd.， Gold
- Products Intro:Product Name:Cabozantinib Malate
Purity:99.5%+ Package:1KG Remarks:1kg~10kg
- Company Name:Sichuan Welltzpharm Inc. Gold
- Tel: 028-85182370-
- Products Intro:Product Name:Cabozantinib L-Malate
Purity:99.5 Package:1 g/;25 g/;100 g/;500 g/;1 KG/