ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Flavors and fragrances > Synthetic fragrances > Carboxylic acids and esters > Aliphatic dicarboxylic acid esters > LINALYL CINNAMATE
LINALYL CINNAMATE Chemical Properties
- Boiling point:396℃
- Density 0.989
- refractive index 1.4709 (estimate)
- FEMA 2641 | LINALYL CINNAMATE
- Flash point:216℃
- storage temp. Sealed in dry,2-8°C
- color An almost colourless oily or slightly viscous liquid
- JECFA Number668
- CAS DataBase Reference78-37-5
- EPA Substance Registry System2-Propenoic acid, 3-phenyl-, 1-ethenyl-1,5-dimethyl-4-hexenyl ester (78-37-5)
- ToxicityThe acute oral LD50 value in rats was reported as 9.96 g/kg (Jenner, Hagan, Taylor, Cook & Fitzhugh, 1964). The acute dermal LD50 value in rabbits exceeded 5 g/kg
LINALYL CINNAMATE Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionLinalyl cinnamate has a sweet, persistent odor with soft floral notes. It is clearly balsamic. It has a slightly fruity flavor. May be synthesized from linalyl formate plus methylcinnamate and sodium linalool: by "Roche" method from dehydrolinalool and cinnamic acid via the dehydro ester, which is hydrolyzed to the subject compound.
- Chemical PropertiesLinalyl cinnamate has a sweet, persistent odor with soft floral notes; clearly balsamic. It has a slightly fruity flavor.
- OccurrenceHas apparently not been reported to occur in nature
- UsesIt is used as a fragrance in soaps, detergents, creams, lotions, and perfumes.
- PreparationFrom linalyl formate plus methylcinnamate and sodium linalool; by “Roche” method from dehydrolinalool and cinnamic acid via the dehydro ester, which is hydrolyzed to the subject compound.
- Production MethodsLinayl cinnamate is formed from the reaction of linayl formate with methyl cinnamate and linalool sodium or from the reaction of dehydrolinalool with cinnamic acid.
- tert-Butyl acrylate Linalool Linalyl acetate 2-Methyl-3-buten-2-ol ALLYL CROTONATE CROTONIC ACID ISOPROPYL ESTER Propyl cinnamate LINALYL FORMATE Isopropyl Cinnamate tert-Butylcinnamate ETHYL LINALOOL LINALYL CINNAMATE 3-METHYL-1-PENTEN-3-OL CROTONIC ACID TERT-BUTYL ESTER N-BUTYL CINNAMATE sec-Butyl Crotonate ALLYL CINNAMATE 1-HEXEN-3-YL ACETATE
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801
- Company Name:Syntechem Co.,Ltd
- Tel:Please Email
- Company Name:Amadis Chemical Company Limited
- Company Name:Shanghai wencai New Material Technology Co., Ltd.
- Company Name:Dayang Chem (Hangzhou) Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:17705817739 +86-571-88938639