ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Surfactant > Caionic surfactants > Quaternary Ammonium type > N-Hexadecyltrimethylammonium chloride
N-Hexadecyltrimethylammonium chloride Chemical Properties
- Melting point:232-234 °C
- Boiling point:475.54°C (rough estimate)
- Density 0.968 g/mL at 25 °C
- refractive index n
- storage temp. -196°C
- form Amorphous Powder
- Specific Gravity0.968
- color White
- PHpH(50g/l, 25℃) : 6.0～8.5
- Water Solubility Soluble
- BRN 3657974
- CAS DataBase Reference112-02-7(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemCetyl trimethyl ammonium chloride (112-02-7)
- Hazard Codes Xi,N,Xn
- Risk Statements 38-41-50-50/53-37/38-22-43-36/37/38
- Safety Statements 26-39-60-61-37/39-36
- RIDADR UN 3082 9/PG 3
- WGK Germany 3
- RTECS ML9145000
- F 3
- TSCA Yes
- HazardClass 8
- PackingGroup III
- HS Code 29239000
- Hazardous Substances Data112-02-7(Hazardous Substances Data)
- ToxicityLD50 skin in rabbit: 4300uL/kg/24H
N-Hexadecyltrimethylammonium chloride Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesLiquid
- UsesBarquat(R) CT-29 is a quaternary ammonium based surfactant that finds uses in broad number of industrial cleaning products. Product Data Sheet
- UsesCarsoquat(R) 450I is used in hair care formulations, as hair conditioner, cream rinse ingredient..
- UsesCarsoquat(R) CT-425 is used in hair care formulations, as hair conditioner, cream rinse ingredient..
- UsesCarsoquat(R) CT-429 is used in hair care formulations, as hair conditioner, cream rinse ingredient..
- Usescetrimonium chloride can be incorporated into a cosmetic preparation for any number of formulatory needs including as an anti-static, an emulsifier, and a surfactant. It can also be used as a preservative and anti-microbial against the proliferation of bacteria, fungi, and yeast.
- DefinitionChEBI: The organic chloride salt of cetyltrimethylammonium.
- General DescriptionColorless to pale yellow liquid with an odor of rubbing alcohol. Floats or sinks in water.
- Reactivity ProfileAcidic salts, such as N-Hexadecyltrimethylammonium chloride, are generally soluble in water. The resulting solutions contain moderate concentrations of hydrogen ions and have pH's of less than 7.0. They react as acids to neutralize bases. These neutralizations generate heat, but less or far less than is generated by neutralization of inorganic acids, inorganic oxoacids, and carboxylic acid. They usually do not react as either oxidizing agents or reducing agents but such behavior is not impossible. Many of these compounds catalyze organic reactions.
- HazardA poison by ingestion and skin contact.
- Health HazardIngestion may produce toxic effects. Contact with eyes or skin may cause severe damage.
- Purification MethodsCrystallise the chloride from acetone/ether mixture, EtOH/ether, or from MeOH. [Moss et al. J Am Chem Soc 109 4363 1987, Beilstein 4 IV 819.]
N-Hexadecyltrimethylammonium chloride Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Dodecyltrimethylammonium chloride Decyltrimethylammonium chloride Ammonium chloride Stearyldimethylbenzylammonium chloride Dihexadecyl dimethyl ammonium chloride Benzyldimethylhexadecylammonium chloride SALOR-INT L498033-1EA DIMETHYL BEHENYL BENZYL AMMONIUM CHLORIDE Methyl trioctyl ammonium chloride ETHYLHEXADECYLDIMETHYLAMMONIUMCHLORIDE HEXADECYLTRIMETHYLAMMONIUM-D42 CHLORIDE Dimethyloctadecyl[3-(trimethoxysilyl)propyl]ammonium chloride HEXADECYL-D33-TRIMETHYLAMMONIUM CHLORIDE N-Hexadecyltrimethylammonium chloride Dioctadecyl dimethyl ammonium chloride N,N-Dihexadecyl-N-methyl-1-hexadecanaminium chloride Trimethylstearylammonium Chloride docosyltrimethylammonium chloride
- Company Name:Shandong Fusite Oil Technology Co., Ltd Gold
- Company Name:Xiamen Pioneer Technology Co., Ltd Gold
- Tel:13850073005 0592-5625977
- Company Name:Jingjiang Connect Chemical Manufacture Co., Ltd Gold
- Company Name:Univar Chemicals (Shanghai) Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:021-61932772 13012862996
- Company Name:Mei Lan Industrial (Shanghai) Co., Ltd. Gold