ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > API > Digestive system drugs > Liver Disease drugs > Glycyrrhizic acid ammonium salt
Glycyrrhizic acid ammonium salt
Glycyrrhizic acid ammonium salt Chemical Properties
- Melting point:>200°C (dec.)
- Boiling point:768.56°C (rough estimate)
- Density 1.1846 (rough estimate)
- FEMA 2528 | GLYCYRRHIZIN, AMMONIATED (GLYCYRRHIZA SPP.)
- refractive index 49 ° (C=1.5, EtOH)
- storage temp. 2-8°C
- solubility Slightly soluble in water, very slightly soluble in anhydrous ethanol, practically insoluble in acetone. It dissolves in dilute solutions of acids and of alkali hydroxides.
- form Powder or Crystals
- color Yellow to yellow-green
- optical activity[α]20/D +48±4°, c = 1% in ethanol: water (1:1)
- BRN 3897076
- CAS DataBase Reference53956-04-0
- EPA Substance Registry System.alpha.-D-Glucopyranosiduronic acid, (3.beta.,20.beta.)-20-carboxy-11-oxo-30-norolean-12-en-3-yl 2-O-.beta.-D-glucopyranuronosyl-, monoammonium salt (53956-04-0)
- RIDADR UN 3077 9 / PGIII
- WGK Germany 2
- RTECS LZ6500000
- F 3-10
- HS Code 29389090
- Language:EnglishProvider:3-O-(2-O-beta-D-Glucopyranuronosyl-alpha-D-glucopyranuronosyl)-18beta-g lycyrrhetinic acid ammonium salt
Glycyrrhizic acid ammonium salt Usage And Synthesis
- Description§ 184.1408(a)(1) Licorice (glycyrrhiza) root is the dried and ground rhizome and root portions of Glycyrrhiza glabra or other species of glycyrrhiza. Licorice extract is that portion of the licorice root that is, after maceration, extracted by boiling water. The extract can be further purified by filtration and by treatment with acids and ethyl alcohol. Licorice extract is sold as a liquid paste ("block"), or spraydried powder. (2) Ammoniated glycyrrhizin is prepared from the water extract of licorice root by acid precipitation followed by neutralization with dilute ammonia. Monoammonium glycyrrhizinate (C42H61016NH45H2O ) is prepared from ammoniated glycyrrhizin by solvent extraction and separation techniques.
- Chemical PropertiesLicorice (glycyrrhiza) root is the dried and ground rhizome and root portions of Glycyrrhiza glabra or other species of glycyrrhiza Ammoniated glycyrrhizin is prepared from the water extract of licorice root by acid precipitation, followed by neutral- ization with dilute ammonia Monoammonium glycyrrhizinate (C42H62O16NH45H2O) is prepared from ammoniated glycyrrhizin by solvent extraction and separation techniques.
- Chemical Propertieswhite to slightly yellow powder
- UsesAmmonium Glycyrrhizinate is used in the synthesis of polyion complex nanocarriers which may act as a template for the design of other negatively charged water-soluble drugs. Particularly for anti-infl ammatory drugs with which Ammonium Glycyrrhizinate is associated.
- Usesanti-cancer agent
- Usespharmaceutical excipient, GRAS, sweetener
- UsesGlycyrrhizic acid ammonium salt is a flavoring and sweetening agent obtained from licorice flavonoids. It has a slight licorice flavor and an intense and rounded sweetness. It is soluble in water, glycerin, and propylene glycol and has good thermal stability but can degrade under prolonged heating. It is stable over a ph of 3.5–9 but could precipitate below ph of 3.5. It can be used in beverages, desserts, confectionary products, soups, and dressings.
- Anticancer ResearchGlycyrrhizin (GL) is a saponin-like compound that provides the main sweet flavourfor G. glabra (licorice), and it is commonly used in clinical treatment for itsoutstanding pharmacological action such as antitumour, anti-inflammatory andanti-oxidativeactions (Rebhun et al. 2015; Wu et al. 2015). Cai et al. (2017) triedto evaluate the anticancer properties of GA and GL against TNBC in combinationwith etoposide.
- Safety ProfileModerately toxic by intravenous route. An experimental teratogen. Experimental reproductive effects. Mutation data reported. When heated to decomposition it emits toxic fumes of NH3.
- Purification MethodsCrystallise the ammonium salt from glacial acetic acid, then dissolve it in ethanolic ammonia and evaporate. The pentahydrate forms needles from 75% aqueous EtOH, m 212-217o. The free acid crystallises from glacial acetic acid. [Karrer et al. Helv Chim Acta 4 100 1921, Lithgoe & Tripett J Chem Soc 1983, 1987 1950, Beilstein 18 IV 5156.]
Glycyrrhizic acid ammonium salt Preparation Products And Raw materials
- 5,8-Dihydroxy-2-[(1R)-1-hydroxy-4-methyl-pent-3-enyl]naphthalene-1,4-dione DGL Sodium hyaluronate Glycyrrhizic acid Ammonium hydroxide Ammonium sulfate Diammonium glycyrrhizinate Glycyrrhizic acid ammonium salt Ammonium acetate BETA MAX? Ammonium chloride GLYCYRRHIZIC ACID, AMMONIUM SALT, TRIHYDRATE(RG) Ammonium Glycyrrhizinate GLYCYRRHIZIC ACID AMMONIUM SALT TRIHYDRATE GLYCYRRHIZIC ACID, MONOAMMONIUM SALT HYDRATE, CA. 75 Ammonium nitrate AMMONIUM
Glycyrrhizic acid ammonium saltSupplierMore
- Company Name:Jiangsu United-value International Trading Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:0519-89885611 89885616 15312500313
- Company Name:Yili Nutty Biotechnology Co. Ltd. Gold
- Tel:18851123331 025-86561876-
- Company Name:ChengDu YiRui Bio-Technology CO., LTD Gold
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-