Cadmium stearate Chemical Properties
- Language:EnglishProvider:Octadecanoic acid cadmium salt
Cadmium stearate Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesCadmium stearate is a crystalline solid.
- General DescriptionSolid. Used as a lubricant and stabilizer for polyvinyl chloride.
- Reactivity ProfileCadmium stearate has weak oxidizing or reducing powers. Redox reactions can however still occur. The majority of compounds in this class are slightly soluble or insoluble in water. If soluble in water, then the solutions are usually neither strongly acidic nor strongly basic. These compounds are not water-reactive.
- Health HazardSimilar to cadmium; acute toxicity most notably occurs secondary to cadmium ingestion or inhalation of cadmium fumes. Poisoning from inhalation is relatively rare but dangerous, having a mortality rate of about 15 percent. Toxic inhaled concentrations in humans have been reported at 147 mg/m3/35 minutes and at 1800 mg/m3/2 years.
- Fire HazardCadmium stearate emits acrid smoke when heated to decomposition.
- Safety ProfileConfirmed human carcinogen. Poison by inhalation. Moderately toxic by ingestion. Human systemic effects by inhalation: hallucinations or dstorted perceptions; nausea or vomiting, other gastrointestinal effects; weight loss or decreased weight gain; cardiac effects. When heated to decomposition it emits toxic fumes of Cd. See also CADMIUM COMPOUNDS.
- Potential ExposureUsed as a lubricant and stabilizer in polyvinyl chloride plastics
- ShippingUN2570 Cadmium compounds, Hazard Class: 6.1; Labels: 6.1-Poisonous materials, Technical Name Required.
- IncompatibilitiesCadmium stearate has weak oxidizing or reducing powers. Redox reactions can however still occur
Cadmium stearate Preparation Products And Raw materials
- cadmium dilaurate Barium stearate Magnesium stearate DL-α-Tocopherol Pralmorelin GLYCERYL MONOSTEARATE Monostearin ETHYLENEDIAMINE TETRAKIS(PROPOXYLATE-BLOCK-ETHOXYLATE) TETROL ALLYL STEARATE CADMIUM Ascoric Acid Diphenolic acid Potassium stearate Aluminum Stearate 4-(Diethylamino)salicylaldehyde 5-Chlorovaleric acid octadecanoic acid STEARATE
Cadmium stearate SupplierMore
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801
- Company Name:Adamas Reagent, Ltd.
- Company Name:Chengdu XiYa Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Company Name:BEST-REAGENT
- Tel:18981987031 400-1166-196