ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > API > Antibiotics > β-Lactamase inhibitors > Faropenem sodium hemipentahydrate
Faropenem sodium hemipentahydrate
Faropenem sodium hemipentahydrate Chemical Properties
- Boiling point:570.2±50.0 °C(Predicted)
- Density 1.56±0.1 g/cm3(Predicted)
- CAS DataBase Reference106560-14-9
Faropenem sodium hemipentahydrate Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionFarom was launched in Japan for use as an antibiotic against common respiratory tract pathogens. It can be prepared by several related routes of about seven steps starting with tetrahydrofuran-2-thiocarboxylic acid and a silylated azetidinone. It is a broad spectrum oral penem antibiotic that is β-lactamase stable. Farom is the most active β-lactam against anaerobes (more than cefaclor, cefixime and amoxicillin) but also has activity against Gram-positive, Gram-negative and enterobacteriaceae. It is equally active against strains carrying plasmid and chromosome mediated β-lactamases. The short plasma elimination half-life is the result of hydrolysis by renal dehydropeptidase. It is more stable to hydrolysis by extended spectrum β-lactamases than some second and third generation cephalosporins.
- OriginatorSuntory (Japan)
- UsesTreatmentof bacterial infections.
- brand nameFarom
- Antimicrobial activityAn orally active penem with a broad spectrum of antibacterial activity, including activity against selected anaerobic pathogens. Although it is active against most enterobacteria, it has reduced activity against Ser. marcescens, Enterobacter spp. and some Providencia spp. It generally retains activity against many Gram-positive organisms, but has no useful activity against Ps. aeruginosa. It has reduced activity against E. faecium, methicillin-resistant Staph. aureus (MRSA) and some strains of coagulase-negative staphylococci. It is stable to hydrolysis by extended spectrum β-lactamases, but is hydrolyzed by carbapenemases. Esterified prodrugs with increased bioavailability have been studied in clinical trials but have not received regulatory approval.
Faropenem sodium hemipentahydrate Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Sodium sulfate Sodium chloride (5R,6S)-6-[(1R)-1-[[(1,1-Dimethylethyl)dimethylsilyl]oxy]ethyl]-7-oxo-3-[(2R)-tetrahydro-2-furanyl]-4-thia-1-azabicyclo[3.2.0]hept-2-ene-2-carboxylic acid 2-propenyl ester Sodium acetate Sodium benzoate sodium Sodium bicarbonate Furazolidone Diclofenac sodium 5-Chlorovaleric acid Tetrahydrofuran Sodium citrate Diphenolic acid Faropenem sodium hemipentahydrate Sodium chlorite Pralmorelin Faropenem medoxil,Faropenem daloxate 2-(METHYLSULFONYL)ETHANOL
Faropenem sodium hemipentahydrateSupplierMore
- Company Name:Chembest Research Laboratories Limited
- Company Name:Pure Chemistry Scientific Inc.
- Tel:001-857-928-2050 or 1-888-588-9418
- Company Name:XiaoGan ShenYuan ChemPharm co,ltd
- Tel:15527768850 0712-2580635-
- Company Name:Chengdu XiYa Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Company Name:Dalian Meilun Biotech Co., Ltd.