ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Organic Chemistry > Ketones > 5-Methyl-2-phenyl-1,2-dihydropyrazol-3-one
5-Methyl-2-phenyl-1,2-dihydropyrazol-3-one Chemical Properties
- Melting point:126-128 °C(lit.)
- Boiling point:287 °C265 mm Hg(lit.)
- Density 1,12 g/cm3
- refractive index 1.6300 (estimate)
- Flash point:191°C/17mm
- storage temp. Store at RT
- solubility 3.30g/l
- form Crystalline Powder
- color Yellow to beige
- PH4.0-4.4 (H2O, 20℃)(saturated aqueous solution)
- Water Solubility 3 g/L (20 ºC)
- Merck 14,6713
- BRN 609575
- CAS DataBase Reference89-25-8(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry Reference3H-Pyrazol-3-one, 2,4-dihydro-5-methyl-2-phenyl-(89-25-8)
- EPA Substance Registry System1-Phenyl-3-methyl-5-pyrazolone (89-25-8)
5-Methyl-2-phenyl-1,2-dihydropyrazol-3-one Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionEdaravone was marketed in Japan for improving neurologic recovery following acute brain infarction. Currently, several agents classified as neuroprotectants and acting by diverse mechanisms (inhibition of glutamate release, blockade of calcium channels, lazaroids) have been marketed for treating the outcomes of brain damage due to trauma, ischemia or cardiac arrest. Edavarone is the first antioxidant with free radical scavenging activity to be introduced for this pathology. This previously described molecule (in particular as norantipyrine, one of three metabolites of antipyrine in mammals) can be simply prepared by direct cyclization of phenylhydrazine with alkylacetoacetate. Edarevone is a lipophilic agent, readily accessible to brain tissue, that is capable of reducing edema in the brain following ischemia by blocking the arachidonic acid cascade triggering peroxidative neurodegeneration. Interestingly, this agent has been shown to quench active oxygen species in endothelial cell homogenate, as well as inhibiting in vitro lipid peroxidative disintegration of membranes, so making this compound effective during reperfusion following ischemic injury. As an additional indication, phase III trials started with edaravone for increasing the chance of recovery after subarachnoid hemorrhage.
- Chemical PropertiesOff white to light yellow powder
- OriginatorMitsubishi Pharma (Japan)
- Usesantioxidant, lipoxygenase inhibitor
- UsesEdaravone inhibits the disease activity in rheumatoid arthritis.
- DefinitionChEBI: A pyrazolone that is 2,4-dihydro-3H-pyrazol-3-one which is substituted at positions 2 and 5 by phenyl and methyl groups, respectively.
- brand nameRadicut
- HazardToxic by ingestion.
- Biological ActivityA radical scavenger and antioxidant which is able to protect against the effects of ischemia, probably by inhibiting the lipoxygenase system. Protects against MPTP-induced neurotoxicity.
- Safety ProfileModerately toxic by ingestion andintraperitoneal routes. An eye irritant. When heated todecomposition it emits toxic fumes of NOx.
- Purification MethodsCrystallise the pyrazolone from hot H2O, EtOH or EtOH/water (1:1). It complexes with metals. [Veibel et al. Acta Chim Scand 6 1066 1952, Beilstein 24 II 9, 24 III/IV 71.]
5-Methyl-2-phenyl-1,2-dihydropyrazol-3-one Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Preparation ProductsPyrazoleDIFENZOQUAT METHYLSULFATETracid Light Yellow G3,5-DIPHENYLPYRAZOLEACID YELLOW 17Mordant Red 7sodium [2,4-dihydro-4-[(2-hydroxy-5-nitrophenyl)azo]-5-methyl-2-phenyl-3H-pyrazol-3-onato(2-)][1-[(2-hydroxy-4-nitrophenyl)azo]-2-naphtholato(2-)]cobaltate(1-)Neutral Bordeaux D-BN
- Raw materialsEtanolHydrochloric acidSulfuric acid Sodium carbonateSodium nitriteAmmonium hydroxideAmmoniaFormaldehydeDimethyl sulfateAnilineFormic acidSodium metabisulfiteAcetyl ketenep-ToluidineMETHANEAcetoxyacetic acidAmmonium bisulfiteAcetoacetamideAMMONIUM NITRITE, 20% SOLN
- Edaravone N-Oxide Edaravone Glucuronide 1,2-Dihydro-5-methyl-2-phenyl-3H-pyrazol-3-one 4,5-dihydro-a-(hydroxyMethyl)-a,3-diMethyl-5-oxo-1-phenyl-1H-Pyrazole-4-Methanesulfonic acid BISPYRAZOLONE Edaravone Impurity 26 ethyl 3-acetoxy-2-butenoate Ethyl (3E)-3-(2-phenylhydrazin-1-ylidene)butanoate 1H-Pyrazole,3-ethoxy-5-methyl-1-phenyl-(9CI) Phenidone NSC4751 Edaravone 4-Hydroxy-2-methylquinoline 4,5-Dihydro-α,3-diMethyl-5-oxo-1-phenyl-α-sulfo-1H-pyrazole-4-acetic Acid Edaravone iMpurity P3 3H-Pyrazol-3-one, 2,4-dihydro-4,4-bis(5-hydroxy-3-Methyl- 1-phenyl-1H-pyrazol-4-yl)-5-Methyl-2-phenyl- 3,3'-diMethyl-1,1'-diphenyl-1H,1'H-4,4'-bipyrazole-5,5'-diol Phenylhydrazine
- Company Name:Tianjin heowns Biochemical Technology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:400 638 7771
- Company Name:Shandong Xinhua Pharmceutical Co.,LTD Gold
- Company Name:Shanghai Aladdin Bio-Chem Technology Co.,LTD Gold
- Tel:400-620-6333 021-20337333-801
- Company Name:Shanghai He Huan Chemical Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:13917602471 021-60345187
- Company Name:Nanjing Bermuda Biotechnology Co., Ltd. Gold