Ferrous lactate Chemical Properties
- WGK Germany 2
- RTECS OD5525000
- Hazardous Substances Data5905-52-2(Hazardous Substances Data)
- ToxicityLD50 orally in mice: 147 ±30 mg/kg (Eickholt, White)
- Language:EnglishProvider:Iron(II) lactate
Ferrous lactate Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionFerrous lactate (iron (II) lactate, C6H10FeO6), in the trihydrate form is a greenish-white powder or crystalline mass having a characteristic odor. The levo-enantiomer occurs as the dihydrate and the racemic mixture occurs as the trihydrate. It is prepared by reacting calcium lactate or sodium lactate with ferrous sulfate or by direct reaction of lactic acid with iron filings. It is sparingly soluble inwater and practically insoluble in ethanol. A 1 in 50 solution has a pH between 5 and 6.
- Chemical PropertiesGreenish-white crystals; slight peculiar odor. Soluble in water; insoluble in alcohol. Deliquescent, affected by light. Combustible.
- UsesFerrous lactate which functions to enrich and fortify. It is of neutral color and flavor, and is soluble. It is used in acid foods below a pH of 4.5, where there is less susceptibility to oxidation and conversion to the ferric form, which results in discoloration. In higher pH foods, the instability can be prevented by complexing with ligands which prevent browning discoloration. It is used in fortification of drinks and juices.
- UsesIron(II) Lactate is used in the iron fortification of food products, particularly milk products targeted for infants and toddlers.
Ferrous lactate Preparation Products And Raw materials
- LITHIUM LACTATE Zinc lactate Magnesium L-lactate trihydrate FERROUS GLUCONATE DIHYDRATE FERRIC POTASSIUM TARTRATE FERRIC AMMONIUM TARTRATE FERRIC TARTRATE FERROUS CITRATE Ferrous gluconate Ferrousgluconate dicalcium iron(2+) bis[2-hydroxypropane-1,2,3-tricarboxylate] Ferrous lactate Ferrous fumarate Ferrous sulfate monohydrate Sodium lactate Ferrous chloride iron lactate Ferrous
- Company Name:Shanghai Hanhong Scientific Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:021-54302127 021-54306202-
- Company Name:Chemsky (shanghai) International Co.,Ltd
- Company Name:Chengdu XiYa Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Company Name:Tianjin heowns Biochemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400 638 7771
- Company Name:Spectrum Chemical Manufacturing Corp.