Liquefied petroleum ges
Liquefied petroleum ges Chemical Properties
Liquefied petroleum ges Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesLPG is a colorless, noncorrosive, odorless mixture of gases when pure. A foul-smelling odorant is usually added. Shipped as a liquefied compressed gas (a mixture of propane, butanes, propylene, and butylenes)
- General DescriptionA mixture of butane, isobutane, propane, propylene, butylenes and other hydrocarbons of low molecular weight that is refined from petroleum. Maintained as a liquid under pressure. Leaking vessels can release either the liquid, which quickly vaporizes, or the gaseous mixture. The gas is heavier than air-- a flame can flash back to the source of the leak very easily. Under prolonged exposure to heat the containers may rupture violently and rocket. Used as a fuel, an aerosol propellant, in cigarette lighters, and to make other chemicals.
- Air & Water ReactionsHighly flammable. No reaction with water.
- Reactivity ProfileSaturated aliphatic hydrocarbons, contained in LPG, may be incompatible with strong oxidizing agents like nitric acid. Charring may occur followed by ignition of unreacted hydrocarbon and other nearby combustibles. In other settings, mostly unreactive. Not affected by aqueous solutions of acids, alkalis, most oxidizing agents, and most reducing agents.
- Health HazardConcentrations in air greater than 10%; cause dizziness in a few minutes, 1% concentrations give the same symptom in 10 min. High concentrations cause asphyxiation.
- Fire HazardEXTREMELY FLAMMABLE. Will be easily ignited by heat, sparks or flames. Will form explosive mixtures with air. Vapors from liquefied gas are initially heavier than air and spread along ground. CAUTION: Hydrogen (UN1049), Deuterium (UN1957), Hydrogen, refrigerated liquid (UN1966) and Methane (UN1971) are lighter than air and will rise. Hydrogen and Deuterium fires are difficult to detect since they burn with an invisible flame. Use an alternate method of detection (thermal camera, broom handle, etc.) Vapors may travel to source of ignition and flash back. Cylinders exposed to fire may vent and release flammable gas through pressure relief devices. Containers may explode when heated. Ruptured cylinders may rocket.
- Potential ExposureLPG is used as a fuel propellant; in metal cutting; and in the production of petrochemicals. Incompatibilities: May form explosive mixture with air. Incompatible with oxidizers (chlorates, nitrates, peroxides, permanganates, perchlorates, chlorine, bromine, fluorine, etc.); contact may cause fires or explosions. Keep awayfrom alkaline materials, strong bases, strong acids, oxoacids, and epoxides. Contact with chlorine dioxide may cause fire and explosions. Attacks some plastics, rubber and coatings
- ShippingUN1075 Petroleum gases, liquefied or Liquefied petroleum gas; Hazard Class: 2.1; Labels: 2.1-Flammable gas. Cylinders must be transported in a secure upright position, in a well-ventilated truck. Protect cylinder and labels from physical damage. The owner of the compressed gas cylinder is the only entity allowed by federal law (49CFR) to transport and refill them. It is a violation of transportation regulations to refill compressed gas cylinders without the express written permission of the owner
- IncompatibilitiesLPG is used as a fuel propellant; in metal cutting; and in the production of petrochemicals. Incompatibilities: May form explosive mixture with air. Incompatible with oxidizers (chlorates, nitrates, peroxides, permanganates, perchlorates, chlorine, bromine, fluorine, etc.); contact may cause fires or explosions. Keep awayfrom alkaline materials, strong bases, strong acids, oxoacids, and epoxides. Contact with chlorine dioxide may cause fire and explosions. Attacks some plastics, rubber and coatings
- Waste DisposalReturn refillable compressed gas cylinders to supplier. Flaring using smokeless flare designs
Liquefied petroleum ges Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Tris(2,4-pentanedionato)chroMiuM(III) Ferric acetylacetonate Tosylmethyl isocyanide TRIS(2,2,6,6-TETRAMETHYL-3,5-HEPTANEDIONATO)EUROPIUM(III) TERT-BUTYL ISOCYANIDE METHYL ISOCYANOACETATE PHENYLSELENOL SALCOMINE Ethyl isocyanoacetate DICHLORO(ETHYLENEDIAMINE)PLATINUM(II) COBALT(II) ACETYLACETONATE 2,4-PENTANEDIONE, SILVER DERIVATIVE 1,1,3,3-TETRAMETHYLBUTYL ISOCYANIDE TRIS(2,2,6,6-TETRAMETHYL-3,5-HEPTANEDIONATO)DYSPROSIUM(III) N-BUTYLISOCYANIDE Aluminum acetylacetonate Cupric acetylacetonate COBALT ETHYLENE DIAMINE CHLORIDE
Liquefied petroleum gesSupplierMore
- Company Name:Shanghai Meishui Chemical Technology Co., Ltd
- Tel:021-60549325 18616193163
- Company Name:Hubei xin bonus chemical co. LTD
- Company Name:Henan DaKen Chemical CO.,LTD.
- Company Name:Mainchem Co., Ltd.
- Company Name:Henan Tianfu Chemical Co.,Ltd.