ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Biochemical Engineering > Biochemical Reagents > Biological Dyes > ACRIDINE ORANGE
ACRIDINE ORANGE Chemical Properties
- Melting point:284-287 °C(lit.)
- Density 1.001 g/mL at 20 °C
- refractive index n20/D 1.338
- storage temp. -20°C
- solubility Soluble in water, ethanol, dimethyl sulfoxide
- form Powder
- pka-3.2, 10.5(at 25℃)
- Colour Index 46005
- color orange to red
- λmax500 nm
- BRN 3734978
- Major ApplicationAdhesives; aluminophosphate crystalline materials; detecting clay particles; display device; evaluating fiber surface characteristics; glass matrixes; imaging material; inks; lasers; recording materials; photoresists; textiles; thin films; tracers for hydrology; wiring boards
- Biological ApplicationsDetecting cancer cells,spores,human papilloma virus (HPV),stress biomarkers; treating amyloid associated diseases,lupus,pathogen infections; apoptosis assays; cytotoxicity assays
- CAS DataBase Reference65-61-2
- EPA Substance Registry SystemC.I. Basic Orange 14 (65-61-2)
- Safety Statements 22-24/25
- WGK Germany 3
- RTECS AR7601000
- HS Code 32041300
- Toxicitydnd-mus:ast 20 mmol/L BBACAQ 374,96,74
ACRIDINE ORANGE Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical Propertiesdark orange to brown powder
- UsesAcridine orange is a dye that interacts with DNA and RNA by intercelation or electrostatic attraction. This cationic dye has been used as a fluorescent stain for nucleic acids in agarose and polyacrylamide gels.
- Preparation4,4 ‘-Bis (N, N-dimethyl) aminodiphenylmethane obtained dinitration of 4,4′ – bis (N, N-dimethyl) amino-2 ‘- dinitro-diphenyl methane reduction, and with an acid of heat, so that the diamino compound is cyclized product is oxidized and then cyclized and converted into zinc chloride double salt.
- Safety ProfileMutation data reported. Whenheated to decomposition it emits very toxic fumes of HCl,Cl??, and NOx.
- Enzyme inhibitorThis cell-permeable dye (FWfree-base = 265.36 g/mol; CAS 65-61-2), also known as N,N,N',N'-tetramethylacridine-3,6-diamine, is an intercalator that binds tightly to nucleic acids. Binding to DNA is characterized by excitation maximum at 502 nm (cyan) and an emission maximum at 525 nm, producing a green fluorescence. (A 120 μM solution of acridine orange will detect 25-50 ng DNA per band in an agarose or polyacrylamide gel.) Binding to RNA is characterized by an excitation maximum at 460 nm and the emission maximum is located at 650 nm, yielding a reddish-orange fluorescence. Acridine orange also penetrates acidic compartments (e.g., lysosomes and phagolysosomes); upon protonation, the dye emits orange light when excited by blue light.
- Properties and Applicationsbright yellow orange. Soluble in water and ethanol for orange yellow, with green fluorescent. The strong sulfuric acid in nearly colorless, a green fluorescent, diluted for orange. The dye solution with strong sodium hydroxide solution have yellow precipitation. And C.I. Solvent Orange 15 the same chemical structure (free base).
Standard( Silk ) Light Fastness Persperation Fastness Ironing Fastness Soaping Fading Stain Fading Stain Fading Stain ISO 1-2 3 1 5 1 3
- ACRIFLAVINE Acridine orange, 10 mg/mL solution in water ACRIDINE ORANGE HYDROCHLORIDE HYDRATE,ACRIDINE ORANGE HYDROCHLORIDE N-HYDRATE ACRIDINE ORANGE, 1/2ZNCL ACRIDINE ORANGE HEMI (ZINC CHLORIDE) ELECTROPHORESIS GRADE ACRIDINE ORANGE, ELECTRO PURE, CI 46005 ACRIDINE ORANGE-10-OCTADECYL BROMIDE,3,6-Bis(dimethylamino)-10-octadecylacridinium bromide, Acridine orange-10-octadecyl bromide ACRIDINE ORANGE-10-DODECYL BROMIDE,3,6-Bis(dimethylamino)-10-dodecylacridinium bromide, Acridine orange-10-dodecyl bromide Acridine Orange + DNA Acridine Orange + RNA Acridine Orange, both DNA & RNA ACRIDINE ORANGE 10-NONYL BROMIDE,NONYL ACRIDINE ORANGE Acridine Orange in Acetate Buffer ACRIDINE ORANGE 10-NONYL BROMIDE (NONYL ACRIDINE ORANGE) 7-Aminoquinoline Acridine DIMETHYL-QUINOLIN-7-YL-AMINE ACRIDINE HYDROCHLORIDE
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801
- Company Name:Beijing Ouhe Technology Co., Ltd
- Tel:13552068683 010-82967028-
- Company Name:Thermo Fisher Scientific