ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Chemical Reagents > Organic reagents > Sulfonates / Sulfinates salts > Heptadecafluorooctanesulfonic acid
Heptadecafluorooctanesulfonic acid Chemical Properties
- Hazard Codes C,N,T,F
- Risk Statements 34-57-51/53-22-39/23/24/25-23/24/25-11-64-48/25-40-20/22-61
- Safety Statements 26-36/37/39-45-61-36/37-16-7-53
- RIDADR UN 3265 8/PG 2
- WGK Germany -
- RTECS RG9701600
- Hazard Note Corrosive
- HS Code 29049090
Heptadecafluorooctanesulfonic acid Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionHeptadecafluorooctanesulfonic acid is a very useful catalyst in chemical industry. It can catalyze the Intramolecular Hydroamination of Olefinic Sulfonamides in Fluorous Biphase System (FBS)1. It can also catalyze ring-opening reactions of methylenecyclopropanes with aromatic amines, sulfonamides and alcohols in supercritical carbon dioxide2. It is useful in the nitroaldol reaction in fluorous media, which is an important improvement of the chemo-selective addition of aldehyde3.
- Chemical PropertiesPerfluorooctane sulfonate can exist as a liquid or a powder. It is soluble in water (NTP, 2013). Perfluorooctane sulfonate has the ability to react with strong oxidizing agents. Upon decomposition, PFOS can form carbon oxides, sulfur oxides, and hydrogen fluoride. Additional information related to the physical and chemical properties of PFOS are not currently available.
- UsesPerfluorooctane sulfonate (PFOS, 1-octanesulfonic acid, heptadecafluorooctanesulfonic acid, perfluorooctanesulfonic acid, 1-perfluorooctanesulfonic acid) is an eight-carbon compound in the perfluoroalkyl family of chemicals. Perfluorooctane sulfonate is used in a variety of applications, including textiles, leather products, cleaning products, and pesticides. Its main use was as a stain repellent on carpet, furniture, and other consumer products. 3M was the primary manufacturer of the chemical until it voluntarily phased it out in 2002 (USEPA, 2012). Perfluorooctane sulfonate is not manufactured any longer in the United States, but it can be imported for use in specific applications.
- Yan, Yin, and Z. Gang. "Heptadecafluorooctanesulfonic Acid (C 8 F 17 SO 3 H) Catalyzed Intramolecular Hydroamination of Olefinic Sulfonamides in Fluorous Biphase System (FBS). " Journal of Fluorine Chemistry 128.1(2007): 40-45.
- Min, Shi, et al. "Heptadecafluorooctanesulfonic acid catalyzed ring opening reactions of methylenecyclopropanes with aromatic amines, sulfonamides and alcohols in supercritical carbon dioxide." Green Chemistry 5.1(2003):85-88.
- DefinitionChEBI: A perfluoroalkanesulfonic acid that is octane-1-sulfonic acid in which all seventeen of the hydrogens that are attached to carbons hvae been replaced by fluorines.
- Pentadecafluorooctanoic acid SODIUM PERFLUOROOCTANOATE 1,1,1,2,3,3,3-Heptafluoropropane Nonylphenoxypoly(ethyleneoxy)ethanol Magnesium fluoride Beryllium Silicone oil PHENOL-FORMALDEHYDE RESIN Perfluorooctane Heptadecafluorooctanesulfonic Acid-13C2 Heptadecafluorooctanesulfonic acid ammonium salt Heptadecafluorooctanesulfonic acid HEPTADECAFLUOROOCTANESULFONIC ACID TETRAETHYLAMMONIUM SALT BIS(2-HYDROXYETHYL)AMMONIUM PERFLUOROOCTANESULFONATE HEPTADECAFLUOROOCTANESULFONIC ACID POTASSIUM SALT SODIUM 1,1,2,2,3,3,4,4,5,5,6,6,7,7,8,8,8-HEPTADECAFLUORO-1-OCTANESULFONATE Heptadecafluorooctanesulfonic acid solution lithium salt,Heptadecafluorooctanesulfonic acid lithium salt solution,HEPTADECAFLUOROOCTANESULFONIC ACID LITHIUM SALT HEPTADECAFLUOROOCTANESULFONIC ACID TETRABUTYLAMMONIUM SALT
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801
- Company Name:Energy Chemical
- Tel:400-005-6266 021-58432009
- Company Name:Wuhan Chemwish Technology Co., Ltd