Baicalein Chemical Properties
- Melting point:256-271 °C(lit.)
- Boiling point:373.35°C (rough estimate)
- Density 1.3280 (rough estimate)
- refractive index 1.5000 (estimate)
- storage temp. 2-8°C
- form Yellow solid
- Merck 14,942
- BRN 272683
- CAS DataBase Reference491-67-8(CAS DataBase Reference)
Baicalein Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesYellow Crystalline Solid
- UsesBaicalein is a flavonoid originally isolated from the roots of Scutellaria baicalensis Georgi. Several different functions of baicalein have been reported. Platelet 12-lipoxygenase is inhibited by baicalein with an ID50 value of 0.12 μM, with minimal inhibition of platelet cyclooxygenase-1 (IC50 = 0.83 mM). Baicalein inhibits lipid peroxidation, as assessed by production of TBARS, with an IC50 value of 5 μM. In addition to these effects, baicalein may play a role in apoptosis, as the compound inhibits cell growth of three human hepatocellular carcinoma cell lines with IC50 values ranging from 17-70 μg/ml.
- Usesantiviral (HIV)
- UsesAn inhibitor of 12-lipoxygenase, leukotriene biosynthesis and release of lysosomal enzymes. It also inhibits cellular Ca2+ uptake and mobilization and adjuvant-induced arthritis. Baicalein is the fl avonoid component of Nepalese and Sino-Japanese crude drugs.
- Usesinhibitor of lipoxidase and leukotriene biosynthesis
- UsesAn inhibitor of Ca2+ uptake, 5-LO, and 12-LO
- DefinitionChEBI: A trihydroxyflavone with the hydroxy groups at positions C-5, -6 and -7.
- Biological ActivityInhibitor of 5- and platelet 12-lipoxygenases (IC 50 values are 9.5 and 0.12 mM respectively). Also inhibits Raf-mediated MEK-1 phosphorylation in C6 rat glioma cells and induces G1 and G2 cell cycle arrest by decreasing cdk1, cdk2, cyclin D2 and cyclin A expression. Anti-inflammatory in vivo .
- Company Name:Nanjing Dasf Biotechnology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:18094231287 025-85846866-
- Company Name:Aktin Chemicals, Inc. Gold
- Company Name:MedBio?Pharmaceutical Technology Inc Gold
- Tel:17302163957 021-69568360-
- Company Name:cjbscvictory Gold
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-