ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Analytical Chemistry > Standard > Chinese medicine standards > TETRODOTOXIN
TETRODOTOXIN Chemical Properties
- Melting point:280 °C (decomp)
- alpha D25 -8.64° (c = 8.55 in dil acetic acid)
- Boiling point:458.31°C (rough estimate)
- Density 1.3768 (rough estimate)
- refractive index 1.5700 (estimate)
- storage temp. 2-8°C
- solubility H2O: stable at pH 4-5 if stored frozensoluble
- pka8.76 (water); 9.4 (50% alc)
- form powder
- color white
- Merck 13,9318
- CAS DataBase Reference4368-28-9(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemTetrodotoxin (4368-28-9)
TETRODOTOXIN Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionTetraodotoxin is a kind of extremely potent toxin which exists in the liver and sex organs of some fishes including pufferfish, porcupine fish, ocean sunfish, and toadfish as well as some kind of amphibian, octopus and shellfish species. It is also produced by some bacteria such as Pseudomonas and Vibrio. Tetraodotoxin is extremely toxic to human, interfering with the transmission of signals of nerves to muscles and further causing paralysis of the body muscle. It can be fatal in some cases. Its mechanism of action is inhibiting the firing of action potentials in nerves through binding to the voltage-gated sodium channels in nerve cell membrane and blocking the passages of sodium ions into the nerve cell. People should wear proper protective equipment upon operations and should be subject to proper treatment upon suffering from it. However, it has been under investigation on the treatment of chronic and breakthrough pain in advanced cancer patients.
- Referenceshttps://www.cdc.gov/niosh/ershdb/emergencyresponsecard_29750019.html https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetrodotoxin
- Chemical Propertieswhite powder
- UsesTetrodotoxin is a highly selective, reversible sodium channel blocker.
- DefinitionChEBI: A quinazoline alkaloid that is a marine toxin isolated from fish such as puffer fish. It has been shown to exhibit potential neutotoxicity due to its ability to block voltage-gated sodium channels.
- Biological ActivitySelective inhibitor of Na + channel conductance. Binding is reversible and of high affinity (K d = 1-10 nM). Blocks in a use-dependent manner.
- Safety ProfilePoison by ingestion, intraperitoneal, subcutaneous, and intravenous routes. When heated to decomposition it emits toxic fumes of Nox.
- Cyanide, Quant Test Strips Potassium cyanate 11-Deoxy-11-[[2-[(4-fluoro-2-nitrophenoxy)acetylamino]ethyl]amino]tetrodotoxin,(8S)-11-Deoxy-11-[[2-[(4-fluoro-2-nitrophenoxy)acetylamino]ethyl]amino]tetrodotoxin TETRODOTOXIN (TTX) TETRODOTOXIN CITRATE,tetrodotoxin,citrate(1:1)(salt tetrodotoxin-binding protein ACONITINE TETRODOTOXIN-SENSITIV 4α-Aminocyclohexan-1α-ol 11-deoxytetrodotoxin METHYL-(TETRAHYDRO-PYRAN-3-YLMETHYL)-AMINE 1-(3-HYDROXY-6-METHOXY-2-METHYLTETRAHYDRO-2H-PYRAN-4-YL)GUANIDINE 4-(2-AMINOETHYL)TETRAHYDROPYRAN BIS(3-AMINOPROPYL) ETHER (4-AMINO-TETRAHYDRO-PYRAN-4-YL)-METHANOL 1,4-Cyclohexanedimethanol CIS-2-AMINOMETHYL-1-CYCLOHEXANOL HYDROCHLORIDE 2-Amino-2-ethyl-1,3-propanediol N-CYCLOHEXYL-GUANIDINE
- Company Name:Shanghai BeiZhuo Biotech Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Kingfirst Chemical (Nanjing) Co.,Ltd Gold
- Tel:+86-025-84522992 84524602 13805186390
- Company Name:Chengdu Must Bio-Technology Co.,Ltd Gold
- Tel:18010516991 028-87384368
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801
- Oct 24，2019