ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Inorganic chemistry > Inorganic salts > Phosphide And metal phosphates > Ferric pyrophosphate
Ferric pyrophosphate Chemical Properties
- storage temp. Store at RT.
- form soluble crystals
- color Yellow powder
- Water Solubility insoluble H2O, acetic acid; soluble mineral acids [MER06]
- CAS DataBase Reference10058-44-3(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemDiphosphoric acid, iron(3+) salt (3:4) (10058-44-3)
- Language:EnglishProvider:Diphosphoric acid iron(III) salt
Ferric pyrophosphate Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionIron, which is the chief constituent of Earth’s core, is the most abundant element in Earth as a whole (about 35 percent) . Ferric pyrophosphate is an iron replacement product, is a mixed-ligand iron complex in which iron (III) is bound to pyrophosphate and citrate. It is widely used to fortify cereal flours and infant cereals, dispersible ferric pyrophosphate is as well absorbed as ferrous sulfate in adults. pyrophosphate ions participate in the ion transfer processes. These ions, as chelating agents, would release iron from transferrin and form a ferric pyrophosphate complex, and that pyrophosphate alone has the ability to mediate iron exchange from transferring to ferritin. Ferric pyrophosphate citrate should only be added to the bicarbonate concentrate; do not add to acid concentrate mixtures. Ferric pyrophosphate citrate is not intended for use in patients receiving peritoneal dialysis; it has not been studied in patients receiving home hemodialysis.
- Chemical PropertiesFerric pyrophosphate (iron(III)pyrophosphate, Fe4(P207)3*xH2O) is a tan or yellowish-white odorless powder or Soluble crystals. It is insoluble in water but is soluble in mineral acids. It is prepared by reacting sodium pyrophosphate with ferric citrate.
Ferric pyrophosphate is an important kind of compounds insoluble in water and also poorly soluble in dilute acid. It does not modify organoleptic characteristics of foods because of its white colour and low reactivity, making it suitable for many difficult-to-fortify food vehicles, such as salt, cereals, infant formulas, and rice. It has been demonstrated to be an effective iron fortificant from efficacy studies. However, the poor solubility of ferric pyrophosphate in gastric juice limits its bioavailability, which furthemore reduces its nutritional value. The relative bioavailability value (RBV) of ferric pyrophosphate was reported to be only about 50% from human studies.
- UsesFood and Feed additives/Food additives
- UsesFerric Pyrophosphate is a nutrient supplement, tan or yellowish white in color, prepared by reacting sodium pyrophosphate with ferric citrate. the ingredient may be used in infant formula. it is also termed iron (iii) pyrophosphate.
- PreparationFerric pyrophosphate was prepared by adding sodium pyrophosphate solution to ferric chloride solution.
The precipitate collected was washed and a ferric pyrophosphate suspension was dispersed with lecithin and other emulsifiers.
- Safety ProfileWhen heated to decomposition it emits very toxic fumes of POx.
Ferric pyrophosphate Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Copper Pyrophosphate Stannous pyrophosphate IRON(III) PHOSPHATE DIHYDRATE Ammonium citrate/ferric pyrophosphate reaction product FERRIC PYROPHOSPHATE, SOLUBLE Iron(III)pyrophosphate nonahydarate iron sodium diphosphate Hyaluronic acid NA PYROPHOSPHATE FERRIC PYROPHOSPHATE, SOLUBLE ETHYLENEDIAMINE TETRAKIS(PROPOXYLATE-BLOCK-ETHOXYLATE) TETROL Ascoric Acid 5-Chlorovaleric acid Pyrophosphoric acid Diphenolic acid 4-(Diethylamino)salicylaldehyde Ferric sodium pyrophosphate Ethyl 2-(Chlorosulfonyl)acetate
- Company Name:Lianyungang Kexin Chemical Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:18805133257 518-85110578-
- Company Name:future industrial shanghai co., ltd
- Company Name:Chengdu XiYa Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Company Name:Sinopharm Chemical Reagent Co,Ltd.
- Company Name:Spectrum Chemical Manufacturing Corp.