Trimeprazine Chemical Properties
- Hazardous Substances Data84-96-8(Hazardous Substances Data)
Trimeprazine Usage And Synthesis
- UsesTrimeprazine is used for treating itching during dermatitis of both allergic and nonallergic origin.
- Manufacturing Process95% sodamide (2.77 grams) is added to a solution of phenthiazine (9.6
grams) in xylene (140 cc) at a temperature of 130°C and the mixture is
heated with reflux for 2 hours.
A 0.61 N solution (90 cc) of 1-chloro-2-methyl-3-dimethylaminopropane in xylene is then added over 50 minutes and heating with reflux is continued for 20 hours. After cooling, the mixture is treated with water (40 cc) and N methanesulfonic acid (70 cc). The aqueous layer is washed with ether, treated with aqueous sodium hydroxide (density = 1.33; 10 cc) and extracted with ether.
The extract is dried over potassium carbonate and evaporated and the residue is distilled in vacuo. 3-(10-phenthiazinyl)-2-methyl-1-dimethylaminopropane (12.6 grams) is collected, distilling between 150° and 175°C under a pressure of about 0.3 mm Hg. By dissolving this base in acetone and adding ethereal hydrogen chloride, a hydrochloride is obtained, MP 216° to 217°C.
- brand nameTemaril (Allergan).
- Therapeutic FunctionAntipruritic
- cyamemazine perimetazine Levomepromazine hydrochloride Trimeprazine tartrate MEQUITAZINE, [2-14C]- METHDILAZINE HYDROCHLORIDE (200 MG) METHDILAZINE (200 MG) Etymemazine (-)-10-(3-[DIMETHYLAMINO]-2-METHYLPROPYL)-2-METHOXY-PHENOTHIAZINE MALEATE SALT MEQUITAZINE pecazine Trifluomeprazine OXOMEMAZINE methiomeprazine Trimeprazine Bis(2-ethylhexyl)amine Diethanolamine (-)-2-[METHYLAMINO]-1-PHENYLPROPANE
- Company Name:Shanghai TaoSu Biochemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Company Name:Shanghai BeiZhuo Biotech Co., Ltd.
- Company Name:Shanghai Meishui Chemical Technology Co., Ltd
- Tel:021-60549325 18616193163
- Company Name:ChemStrong Scientific Co.,Ltd
- Tel:15920483169 0755-66853366-
- Company Name:Hangzhou J&H Chemical Co., Ltd.