ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > API > Digestive system drugs > Gastrointestinal antispasmodic drugs > Valethamate bromide
Valethamate bromide Chemical Properties
- Melting point:120-127℃
- RTECS BP7600000
- Merck 14,9906
- CAS DataBase Reference90-22-2(CAS DataBase Reference)
- Language:EnglishProvider:Valethamate bromide
Valethamate bromide Usage And Synthesis
- Manufacturing ProcessBenzyl cyanide is first reacted with 2-butylbromide in the presence of sodium amide to give 2-phenyl-3-methylvaleronitrile which is hydrolyzed by sulfuric acid to give 3-methyl-2-phenylpentanoic acid. 24 g of 2-phenyl-3- methylpentanoic acid are heated for one hour at 175° to 185°C with 30 g of 2-diethylaminoethanol and 0.5 g of sodium methylate. The excess diethylaminoethanol is removed in vacuo, the residue is dissolved in 300 cc of 2 N-acetic acid, the acid solution is shaken with ether and made alkaline with concentrated potassium carbonate solution and ice. The ether solution is washed with water, dried with sodium sulfate and evaporated. The residue is distilled under high vacuum, yielding 20 to 21 g of the basic ester (60% of the theoretical) is obtained, the ester boiling at 98° to 100°C at a pressure of 0.03 mm. The hydrochloride of the ester melts at 112°to 113°C and the methobromide at 100° to 101°C.
- Therapeutic FunctionAnticholinergic
- Safety ProfilePoison by ingestion, subcutaneous, and intravenous routes. See also ESTERS and BROMIDES. When heated to decomposition it emits very toxic fumes of NOx, NH3, and Br-.
- 3-Bromo-2,2-bis(bromomethyl)propanol Tetrabutylammonium bromide Hexadecyl trimethyl ammonium bromide Tiotropium bromide Molybdic acid Tetraethylammonium bromide Phenyltriethoxysilane AMMONIUM 4-Methoxyphenylacetone 2-(2-Cyclopentyl-2-hydroxy-2-phenylacetoxy)-5-azoniaspiro(4.4)nonane b romide 3-Hydroxy-1-methylquinuclidinium bromide alpha-cyclopentylmandelate Oxyphenonium bromide Valethamate bromide Otilonium bromide Diphenyldimethoxysilane Ammonium chloride Sodium bromate Benzyldodecyldimethylammonium bromide
- Company Name:Shanghai Boyle Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Tel:Mr Qiu:021-50182298(Demestic market) Miss Xu：021-50180596（Abroad market）
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390