ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Chemical Reagents > Organic reagents > Aromatic alcohol > 3-ACETAMIDOPHENOL
3-ACETAMIDOPHENOL Chemical Properties
- Melting point:145-148 °C(lit.)
- Boiling point:273.17°C (rough estimate)
- Density 1.249
- refractive index 1.5810 (estimate)
- storage temp. 2-8°C
- form Crystals, Crystalline Powder or Needles
- color Off-white to tan or light gray
- PH6-7 (H2O)(saturated solution)
- BRN 907998
- CAS DataBase Reference621-42-1(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry System3'-Hydroxyacetanilide (621-42-1)
3-ACETAMIDOPHENOL Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical Propertiesoff-white to tan or light grey crystals,
- DefinitionChEBI: A derivative of phenol which has an acetamido substituent located meta to the phenolic -OH group. It is a non-toxic regioisomer of paracetamol with analgesic properties, but has never been marketed as a drug.
- General DescriptionLight gray solid.
- Air & Water ReactionsWater insoluble.
- Reactivity ProfilePhenols do not behave as organic alcohols, as one might guess from the presence of a hydroxyl (-OH) group in their structure. Instead, they react as weak organic acids. Phenols and cresols are much weaker as acids than common carboxylic acids (phenol has Ka = 1.3 x 10^[-10]). These materials are incompatible with strong reducing substances such as hydrides, nitrides, alkali metals, and sulfides. Flammable gas (H2) is often generated, and the heat of the reaction may ignite the gas. Heat is also generated by the acid-base reaction between phenols and bases. Phenols are sulfonated very readily (for example, by concentrated sulfuric acid at room temperature). The reactions generate heat. Phenols are also nitrated very rapidly, even by dilute nitric acid. Nitrated phenols often explode when heated. Many of them form metal salts that tend toward detonation by rather mild shock. Flammable gases are formed by the reaction of organic amides with strong reducing agents. Amides are very weak bases (weaker than water). Mixing amides with dehydrating agents such as P2O5 or SOCl2 generates the corresponding nitrile. The combustion of these compounds generates mixed oxides of nitrogen (NOx).
- Fire HazardFlash point data for 3-ACETAMIDOPHENOL are not available. 3-ACETAMIDOPHENOL is probably combustible.
- Purification MethodsRecrystallise the phenol from water. The 3,5-dinitrobenzamide complex gives orange-yellow crystals from hot H2O and has m 212o. [Beilstein 13 H 415, 13 I 132, 13 II 213, 13 III 950, 13 IV 977.]
3-ACETAMIDOPHENOL Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Preparation Products3-Ethoxyaniline
- 3-Quinolinecarbonitrile,4-chloro-6-Methoxy-7-[3-(4-Methyl-1-piperazinyl)propoxy]- Bosutinib Impurity 5 N,N'-Diisopropylcarbodiimide Bosutinib N-oxide Bosutinib 3,4-Dimethoxynitrobenzene L-PHE-7-AMINO-4-METHYLCOUMARIN BRUCINE SULFATE calcium benzamidosalicylate N-(4-CARBOXY-3-HYDROXYPHENYL)MALEIMIDE N1-(4-ACETYL-3-HYDROXYPHENYL)ACETAMIDE 3,4-dichloro-N-(3-hydroxyphenyl)benzamide 3-(2,5-DIMETHOXY-PHENYLCARBAMOYL)-ACRYLIC ACID 4'-Chloro-2',5'-dimethoxyacetoacetanilide AKOS BBS-00008034 FAST BLUE RR SALT 4-chloro-N-(3-hydroxyphenyl)benzamide 2-chloro-N-(3-hydroxyphenyl)benzamide
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801
- Company Name:Alfa Aesar
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390